• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA-3102 Incoming Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshhough

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a Linksys SPA3102 working for years, decided to get another one now, plugged it in on a different 3cx installation and outgoing calls work fine but i can't for the life of me get incoming calls to work. 3CX just doesn't seem to pick it up. The status on the SPA3012 changes to ringing, but 3cx just ignores it.

What options can i check?

Thanks

Check the 3CX server logs to see if there is any indication of an incoming call. If not, then check that the dialplan setting is correct, (that is used to "forward "calls to 3CX) . I'm assuming that you have compared all other settings and that they match the working unit.

The issue was the * symbol in the Caller ID Field. Removed it, and it fixed it.

As an aside though, can the 3102 be used as an FXS and FXO at the same time or do i require 1 for each?

joshhough said:
The issue was the * symbol in the Caller ID Field. Removed it, and it fixed it.

As an aside though, can the 3102 be used as an FXS and FXO at the same time or do i require 1 for each?

Yes, that little * has screwed-up a number of 3102 installations over the years.

The 3102 will work as both an ATA and gateway, at the same time, one of it's many benefits. Once you have the gateway working, then the ATA part is a snap. Just be sure to disable PSTN ring Thru Line 1, or the set will ring during an incoming PSTN call.

I should also mention that the default dialplan, under Line 1 will have to be modified. By default, dialled numbers are routed out over the PSTN connection.

Okay, this is now driving me mad. It was working fine as a simple VoIP to PSTN. Now it isn't :(

Incoming calls come in, but when i answer them, it just cuts off. And if i try and dial out, i get the response 'Server Error' and 3cx shows the following error - 12-Jun-2014 21:00:26.015 Leg L:15.2[Line:10002>>NUMBER] is terminated: Cause: 503 Service Unavailable/INVITE from 192.168.0.240:5062

What should i be looking for before invariably something ends up in the pond!

Oh and if i answer calls, it answers then dies and rings again. It's mad.

OK, what have you changed on your network/system? I've found that unless a device actually fails,then any "problems" that crop up are a result of someone making a change ...somewhere.

You might get some help from the syslog feature of the 3102. You will need to download and run something like http://www.kiwisyslog.com/free-edition.aspx

On one of your PC's, then set the options in the 3102 to "point" to the IP of that PC. It will tell you everything that is happening in the 3102. There may also be some "clues" in the 3CX log.

Honestly? Nothing.

I removed the server to take to a potential clients and demonstrate 3cx. Everything worked fine. Took it home plugged it in and now get these issues! I've factory reset the 3102, run through the setup guide, same issues. I am so confused its unreal.

I don't think its to do with the fact i'm in the UK as ive never bothered with UK settings before. I've even plugged in an analogue phone to the line so i know it works

I might have a clue, it currently says:

PSTN Line Status
Hook State: On Line Voltage: 6 (V)
Loop Current: 0.0 (mA) Registration State: Registered
Last Registration At: 1/1/2003 13:21:44 Next Registration In: 1493 s
Last Called VoIP Number: 10002 Last Called PSTN Number:
Last VoIP Caller: Last PSTN Caller:
Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: CPC Signal PSTN Activity Timer: 30000 (ms)
Mapped SIP Port: Call Type:
VoIP State: Idle
PSTN State: Ringing VoIP Tone:
PSTN Tone: VoIP Peer Name:
PSTN Peer Name: VoIP Peer Number:
PSTN Peer Number: VoIP Call Encoder:
VoIP Call Decoder: VoIP Call FAX:
VoIP Call Remote Hold: VoIP Call Duration:
VoIP Call Packets Sent: VoIP Call Packets Recv:
VoIP Call Bytes Sent: VoIP Call Bytes Recv:
VoIP Call Decode Latency: VoIP Call Jitter:
VoIP Call Round Trip Delay: VoIP Call Packets Lost:
VoIP Call Packet Error: VoIP Call Mapped RTP Port:

Hook State: On Line Voltage: 6 (V)

That's a very low on-hook line voltage. What sort of line are you hooked up to? For a BT line it would be a nominal 48V, though some PBX's can be much lower. What settings do you have under PSTN Line / International control?

At a guess the 3102 may not be correctly (or even intermittently) toggling between on/off hook states due to incorrect line voltage settings, which could well be the cause of the issues you are seeing.

Chris

Most of the default settings will work with the possible exceptions of caller ID type, and perhaps ring (cadence) detection and disconnect tone. I've come across a few sites that give the listings for a typical UK set-up when using the 3102.

As for the line detect voltage, yes, something is not right. Are you sure you have used the same cord and socket that you were using previously? I remember some other UK users having a problem as the tip and ring of the 3102 uses the two middle pins of the RJ11 socket, which is the North American standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.