• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA-3102 PSTN Phone not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

carldickson

Reaction score
Hi there,
Ive gone thru other posts here from people with the same problem and I cant seem to get my setup working.
I know its not the hardware's fault as I had it working with other voip provider, but they lock out the admin side of the SPA, so I cant look at what settings they used.

Attached is a screen shot of the logs, to me it looks like the call is getting passed to the PSTN phone (Port 5061) but its not responding.

Any Ideas??

Cheers

Attachments

• spa.PNG
    spa.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,182
Hi,

what's the idea of using the SPA-3102?

If you going to use it with 3CX server, you can use a PSTN line attached to 'Line' port of the SPA-3102 and an analog telephone attached to 'Phone' port of the SPA-3102. You make normally 2 registrations of SPA-3102 - one as PSTN device (for FXO port) and one as extension for FXS port. In this way you can receive / make outgoing calls to/from the 3CX server and also use (like another device) the analog phone attached to FXS port, like any other extension in the 3CX PhoneSystem.

If your device has been configured for a VoIP provider, normally you will make/receive VoIP calls from/to FXS (Phone) port. The FXO (Line) port will be used normally for backup through your PSTN line (if any), allowing you to receive calls from PSTN line to analog phone and made outgoing calls via PSTN line (with some code like '#', depending on your provider, or automatically if no VoIP service, or different routing (VoIP or PSTN) for different destinatons).

If this is the case you can not use the SPA-3102 with your 3CX system, unless you reset it to factory default (you will loose your current provider settings).

-----------

In other (more technical) words there are four ports into SPA-3102:

(1) LINE
(2) FXO_VoIP
(3) FXS_VoIP
(4) PHONE

You can configure the SPA-3102 for the following seven type of calls between them (2 independent calls at one moment), not all types possible simultaneously:

(1) >> (2)
(2) >> (1)
(3) >> (4)
(4) >> (3)
(1) >> (4)
(4) >> (1)
(3) >> (1)

If case of provider, normally you are allowed to make only:
(1) >> (4)
(3) >> (4)
(4) >> (1) or (3)

If you use it with 3CX (or other IP PBX) you will have the following types:
(1) >> (2)
(2) >> (1)
and independently
(3) >> (4)
(4) >> (3)

Calls like (1) >> (4) and (4) >> (1) possible through 3CX only, nevertheless you can still make (4) >> (1), but not recommended.

See SPA-3102 admin guide for details (available from Internet - Cisco site).

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I'm very new at VOIP so maybe i am using the wrong terms...

My set-up is using Skype for all of my calls and a analog phone connected to the SPA-3102, is that called PSTN?

Ok, I understand the Skype is registered through Skype gateway into 3CX system. This is irrelevant to the case with SPA-3102 (you may have other providers too).

The question is how you connect your SPA-3102, normally you will connect the 'LINE' port to the wall outlet and this line is called 'PSTN' and the port 'FXO'.

The other port of the SPA-3102 is marked 'PHONE' and is called 'FXS' and there you connect standard analog phone (not rotary one). To use this port (and the phone connected to it), you need to register the FXS port as extension into 3CX, which can NOT do without having admin access to the adapter, which seems to be your case.

Are you able to call other extensions from the phone and vice-versa ?

Regards

It may be how you've set up the ports on the device and 3CX. I see a call sent to the IP of the 3102 but to two ports (5061 and 5062). The factory default ports values are 5060 for the FXS port (the one you plug a phone into), and 5061 for the FXO port (the one you plug into a phone LINE coming from the wall). In the 3CX set-up suggestions for using the FXO jack, the port is shown to be 5062. If you are not using the gateway portion of the 3102, to bring an analogue trunk into 3CX, then that part of the 3102 should be disabled and not registering.

But, you are using only the FXS port, right? So, you should only have the ATA portion (FXS port, for a telephone) registering, on port 5060 (unless you have changed the port number).

OK, so your saying I should go to the Line1 section and stop that registering (Remove registration info) and on the PSTN section change the port to 5060?

Cheers for your help

No...
If you don't use the Gateway portion of the 3102 then disable the PSTN. The port on the LINE 1 portion can be anything you want as long as it doesn't conflict with the port on the PSTN (If you use both). I would just set it to 5060, keeps it simple.

That's a start, there could be some other settings that need tweaking as well, see how this works for you.

Hey that worked :) Thanks!!!!!!!

Now ive got to get the outbound calls working :(

When i dial a number i get a disconnected sound, any ideas?

Cheers for everything!!!!

forget that last post... i have inbound and outbound working :)

Thanks

Hi me again,

Im trying to work out how to call my mail box from a internal line, all numbers I dial try to dial outside.

Is there a dial plan or something ive got to set up?

Thanks

There are outbound rules in 3CX, that you need to set up to deal with how you want to dial outside calls. There is also a dialplan within the 3102 (Line 1 portion), that deals with how the 3102 handles the digits you dial.
You can use the generic one , as shown on the 3CX set-up guide for the 3102 (Line portion). http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Which is [X*] , but you will have to press # after dialling to speed the call along, otherwise you will wait for about 5 seconds until the 3102 has determined that you won't be dialling any more digits, before it sends them on to 3CX.

Or, you can create your own dialplan.

http://forum.voxilla.com/cisco-linksys- ... -9511.html

http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

If you think you have it right, but it's still not working, then look at, or post, the 3CX Server Log of a failed call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.