• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA-3102: Routing PSTN calls to system extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coskan

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with 3CX and Linksys SPA-3102 configuration. Actually everything works except the system diverts the PSTN Calls to system extensions. When a PSTN inbound call rings, only the phone which is connected to "Line 1" of "SPA-3102" rings, but not the extensions of 3CX. In 3CX, I have routed the PSTN inbound calls to the extensions but it doesn't work.

I'll be appreciate that if I can get some help about this problem.

Thanks in advance.

PS: The images of the configuration are attached.

Attachments

• ext_status.jpg
    ext_status.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 3,188
  • line_1.jpg
    line_1.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 3,190
  • line_1_2.jpg
    line_1_2.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 3,193
  • line_1_3.jpg
    line_1_3.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 3,202
  • pstn_line_1.jpg
    pstn_line_1.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 3,202
  • pstn_line_2.jpg
    pstn_line_2.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 3,198
  • pstn_line_3.jpg
    pstn_line_3.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 3,200
  • sip.jpg
    sip.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 3,199
Under PSTN to VoIP Gateway Setup, set PSTN ring thru Line 1 to NO. Your incomimg PSTN calls are going directly to the set plugged into the FXS jack.

Thank you. I've already tried this change. No phone rings when I change "PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: Yes" to "No". Yes, I deactivate FXS Port but still no activity on SIP phones/System.

Assuming that you have all of the other settings correct, as your post doesn't show everything, take the * out of the PSTN Caller ID pattern, that has been known to prevent incoming calls from working. You can register the FXS port (the phone) as an extension, but you need to cut all ties to the PSTN, unless you really want that.
Be sure that the two port numbers match up to those in 3CX, the PSTN shows 5062 which is the port that the 3CX guide shows to use, the FXS should be set to use 5060.
When you have the previous setting to NO and the * removed, does the 3CX log show any signs of an incoming call?

If it still isn't working (no sign of a call) post back with the entire PSTN Line and PSTN User pages

Hello and thank you for your help,
I have removed "*" out of the PSTN Caller ID pattern. I have re-matched the ports to 5060 from each system (3CX-SPA-3102). Unfortunately, no difference, no sign of a call.

I can not register SPA-3102 as PSTN Gateway.

On SPA-3102; only the power led blinks irregularly and no other led has neither stable nor blink status. All off

I configured 3CX and SPA-3102 due to following link which is written by 3CX experts. http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I used to have "Sangoma A200D-BRM01" as PSTN gateway. I used to have no problem with PSTN inbound line. I has routed the PSTN line to SIP Phones. The card did not support FSX ports with 3CX, that' s why I sent it back and bought me an SPA-3102.

Is it possible, that the problem is on the regional settings? Because I m in Germany and the voltage setting between Germany and the USA might have some differences. I've got no idea..!

As I wrote before, everything works except PSTN incoming line to SIP Phones/3CX System.

I sent you the images which you required.

Thank you again...

Attachments

• 3CX_1.jpg
    3CX_1.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 3,083
  • 3CX_2.jpg
    3CX_2.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 3,087
  • 3CX_3.jpg
    3CX_3.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 3,088
  • SPA-3102_1.jpg
    SPA-3102_1.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 3,094
  • SPA-3102_2.jpg
    SPA-3102_2.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 3,091
  • SPA-3102_3.jpg
    SPA-3102_3.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 3,084
  • all_registrations.jpg
    all_registrations.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 3,086
  • spa.jpg
    spa.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 3,082
Ok, you've decided to use port 5060 for the PSTN, just be aware tha t5060 is the default port for the FXS port. You have to change that to something else if you want to use both devices at the same time (or just disable line 1). The default in the 3102 is port 5060 for FXS (line) and 5061 for FXO (PSTN). The 3CX guide shows to use 5062 as the PSTN port as WHEN YOU choose the 3CX SPA3102 setup it has port 5062. I don't understand why they just didn't use 5061.

Anyway, besides that, you have to swap your user name and Display name. The User ID is your 3CX trunk number, same as the password.

coskan said:
Is it possible, that the problem is on the regional settings? Because I m in Germany and the voltage setting between Germany and the USA might have some differences. I've got no idea..!

I'm on holidays in Germany at the moment, did Frankfurt and now in Munchen!

If you look at the info tab it will show whether or not the 3102 thinks that the phone line is in use. Phone line voltage is usually about 48 volts, give or take about 5 volts (except on PBX's, which can be 24 volts).You can set the threshold that the 3102 thinks that the line is in use, right now it's set at 30 volts. if that works for you, just leave it. You will probably want to change the ringing and tones to match Germanys, the FXO impedance may have to be changed (look on line for SPA3102 settings for Germany, and if you have caller ID you will have to change that too.

I should add....If you continue to have problems, do a factory reset (****, R-E-S-E-T method) and start fresh using the 3CX Guide again, just remove the * from the caller ID setting. Having a LOT of settings, it' very easy to begin making too many changes to try to get it working. It not only begins to get frustrating, the additional changes can cause more problems than what you think they are fixing. Don't forget that unless you need the 3102 as a router, you want to not only assign a fixed IP to the 3102 but (unless you already have), set it to Bridge mode and disable DHCP on it. That way you the 3102 becomes transparent and the Ethernet jack can be used for additional devices on your network.

Thank you for all advices Leejor,

I will try them this evening. If you stop by Berlin, just send an email ;-)...

Regards

Did Berlin a few years ago, off to London in a few days. I has been suggested on another site that the impedance setting for Germany should be 220+820//115nF. Always make note of any changes so that you can change back it it causes other problems.
This site has links to a number of different tones around the world.

Hi
I have 3 of these PSTN gateways on our systems, and all my network connections are plugged into the "Internet" port on the 3102, and they all work correctly.
I think this maybe your mistake.

It will work, if set to bridge mode it acts like a switch. The problem comes when people don't change all of the settings to accommodate this. It can frustrate people not that familiar with networking and SIP when things just aren't working. Since we can't be there, when helping people, to see how they have things are set up, I find it best just to advise following the connections as per the labels. As one becomes more familiar, experimentation will lead to new discoveries of what works.

So you're back in London? Thank you also for your advise Strider. I appreciate for any help. I think the "routing pstn incoming to system" problem is solved.
How..!?
My 3CX sever IP is: 192.168.1.10
My WAN Router IP is: 192.168.1.1

My old settings:
- for WAN Setup was: I have selected "Static IP" option under "Internet Connection Settings" section and left the "Static IP, NetMask and Gateway" fields empty under "Static IP" section.
- and for LAN Setup was: "Networking Service" as "auto", and "LAN IP Address" as 192.168.1.15 and "LAN Subnet Mask" as 255.255.255.0 under "LAN Network Settings" .

The mistake was: I have typed typed the "Gateway" address as my WAN Router instead of my 3CX Server and "Networking Service" as "Auto" (as you advised).

Now it works. It works even when I use both ports of SPA-3102 (Ethernet or Internet).

But I have another problem now...
I have just tested with my cell phone and dialed my PSTN number. The extensions ring but when I push hangup button of my cell phone they still ring until 9 times voice mail activation. I've tried a few times more, still same.

You have any idea what could be the reason for that..?

PS:By the way I've changed the Impedance setting to 220+820//115nF..

Hi
When I first used this adapter I had alot of problems with the same, what you need to do is find all the tone values for your country and apply them, the one that should sort this is the "disconnect tone", I downloaded a doc for all BT (UK) tones and applied them, this sorted alot of problems including echo.

You will have to "play" with the PSTN Disconnect Detection settings. The most reliable is Detect CPC, if your phone company sends a short disconnect when the PSTN party hangs up. Other that that you can enable the Disconnect tone, and make sure it is set for your county, or enable the PSTN long silence. Be careful with the last one as a low level call can cause termination.
Trial and error will give you the best settings for your area

Hello,
I`m still trying to configure the device. But sometimes it works= I see the caller number and stops ringing when I hang up by my cell phone. Then after 5 minutes; no caller number just 10009 (Virtual extension) and do not stop ringing even though I hang up by my cell phone.

I try to find the German configuration for this device. Until now no success.

I'll inform you when I'm done with the configuration tries.

By the way sorry for 4-1. Though the referee was not that good for UK.

Regards

I've never dealt with caller ID in Germany so I don't know if it is a timing issue (the 3102 has to wait a certain length for the info to arrive from the PSTN?).
If you are fluent in German you may find some country specific answers in this forum...http://www.expertconfig.de/forumdisplay.php?39-Cisco-Linksys-%28Sipura%29

If you wish and your problem still exists, I can provide you functioning settings from Switzerland. I think the difference between Germany and Switzerland should be marginal and I know I had also problems with the hangup and caller-id, the "10009" as caller-id in your example looks like the call comes anonymous, I have this from certain german fixnet numbers.

... here we go download the attachment and rename it to .htm and enjoy it like the interface of your 3102.
you also can find some Germany specific settings on this site: http://www.spakonfig.de/

Attachments

• 3102.txt
    131.2 KB · Views: 462
Hello,
Thank you "Leejor", at this forum there was not enough information to solve my problem. This device slowly makes me crazy.

Thank you for your help and your config file "dab" . I have found the solution for caller id the "PSTN to VOIP delay" must be at least 3 not 1 or 0 Then I can see the caller picture/caller number on Aastra 6739i.

By the way, I have applied your configuration for my 3102 but unfortunately no difference. Let me explain the problem.

- Incoming call rings---assigned 3CX SIP Phone extension rings---after 1 ring SIP Phone automatically cuts off.
- Incoming call rings---assigned 3CX SIP Phone extension rings--- I press on Line 1 to take the call on sip phone, Sip Phone cuts off after pressing the green button.

May be you know a solution for that.

Thanks in advance,,

Hi,
your welcome, I'm happy to help you with your config.
Can you post or pm me a wireshark capture of the two cases you described in your last post?

Set the 3CX log to verbose and post a log from when a call comes in to where it fails or ends. You can X out any personal info.

Hello, (Leejor and dab)

I'm almost done with my psychology and completing the device configuration. I've tried alt of combination by myself and
now I'm at this point.

I dial my PSTN number: I hear the dial tone on my cell phone -- 3CX forwards to SIP phone -- Each tone sent by cell phone to 3CX = 1 call. I mean; if I let the cell phone ring 3CX 5 times, and if I do not get the call, I see 5 missed call on my SIP Phone display.
I try to simulate 4x : cell phone: beeeeeeeeeeeep ---- beeeeeeeeeeeep --- beeeeeeeeeeeep --- beeeeeeeeeeep | SIP Phone: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig -hangs up- riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing - hangs up - riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing - hangs up.

Of course, the "Red hang-up" button is not functioning until the caller hangs up. It rings and rings. I have to pull the jack power supply unit to stop ringing.

But if I push to line 1 to talk during ringing, it works. I can talk and the quality is perfect.

Soon this thing is gonna make me crazy.

I ve attached the Server Activity log of 3CX. Wireshark did not work with the ip of 3CX on 5062. it freezes and collapses. Is there any other way to see the system logs?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• server activity log.png
    server activity log.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,271
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.