SPA-3102 Voltage and Connection Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wp_javier, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wp_javier

Good day to you all!

I'm quite new to 3CX and I'm trying it out for our group. I've got all things working except for the gateway part. I have a linksys SPA3102 as a gateway PSTN. I hooked it to our company's trunkline. I can see the voltage is around -24v and loop current is 0. When I'm doing outbound calls i get an 503 Service unavailable error.

In my mind I got 3 suspects. First is the dial plan. (S0<:995>) this is what I placed knowing the the authentication ID is 995. I'm not sure if I understood the config right. Second is the Line in use voltage. I'm not sure how to determine this as well as the Operational loop current. My third suspect is whether there's a problem with the actual line.

I would really appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That happens when you connect the FXO to a PBX line. the voltage that the defaults expect is about 50 volts, the normal for a POTS line. Because the voltage on your PBX line is only 24 volts, the 3102 thinks that the line is in use and will not allow you access. You have to change the off hook voltage to something less than the 24 volts, I don't have the settings in front of me but i think they are at the bottom of the PSTN Line tab. The default setting (the one to change) is about 30 volts.

You may very well still have some issues with your dialplan, but, one problem at a time...

3. Cjay

Cjay New Member

This is probably your first problem unless you have already tweaked the 3102 settings. Down the bottom of the PSTN tab of the 3102 management section is the parameter: 'Line-In-Use Voltage'. Mine defaults to 30V, so if your line is sitting at 24V in the on-hook state then the 3102 will always think your line is busy and so refuse to dial out. Try setting this to maybe 18V.

Chris

4. Cjay

Cjay New Member

24/7 Global support on this topic!

5. wp_javier

Thank you all for your reply. I'll give it a try tomorrow. So it's ok that the value of my voltage is negative 24? I'll just set it to 18?

Thank you again.

6. wp_javier

Thank you so much Cjay and leejor! Got it to work just now. I was eager to test so I tried it now. Thank you 18V is a good setting.

regards,
    Wilson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.