SPA 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wardy, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I have just followed the guide for setting up the Linksys SPA3102 (http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE) as an ATA.

Everything was fine until I tried to make a call!!

After a lot of playing around I found I need to set the "Dial Plan" to (xxxxxxxxxxx). not [x*]. as stated in the guide.

Also the guide states: "The Linksys SPA3102 can either be set as a gateway OR as an ATA device. 3CX does not support the device when configured in both modes simultaneously." however I have got it doing both functions at once.

Stephen

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3102 is essentially two devices in one box. They can be completely independent or can work together depending on the options set. Each can be configured and used with 3CX, one as a trunk and one as a line. I've never seen anything that says you can't use both at the same time.

3. Wardy

Wardy New Member

I thought the same, that is why I tried it doing both, but the guide from the 3cx website states they do not support it.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

there are a number of devices that are "not supported", that doesn't necessarily mean that you can't make them work, with a bit of tweaking

5. Wardy

Wardy New Member

Yes I aggree that is why I posted this so that other people can benefit from my findings

6. abouelric

I have them both configured on SPA-3102 and they are working perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.