SPA 504G provisioning to wrong extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ZenMasta, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I just backedup/exported my 3cx settings and deployed on new hardware. After doing so I uninstalled 3cx from the old computer.

The 504 phone was still trying showing the old ip address when I logged in. I restarted/rebooted many times.

Logged into 3cx (the new instance) and checked the extension 100 under provision tab and it has the mac address and phone etc listed. Even so I logged into the phone and manually changed the ip to the new server. saved restarted etc.

When I came in this morning the phone was logged in as 101... I checked 3cx extensions under the provision tab and somehow the 101 extension also had that phone/mac listed for provisioning. So I cleared the info. stopped/restarted 3cx, rebooted/restarted phone and it is sill provisioning to 101.

So I deleted extension 101 and the phone is still trying to log in as 101.

So then I factory reset the phone, no luck, reboot phone no luck...
    Logged into phone admin/advance - provision tab, profile rule field http://192.168.13.144:5481/provisioning/$MA.xml
    save changes restart phone, the screen shows no extension etc.

When I go to http:/provisioning/macaddress.xml the xml file has information for extension 101... so how is this possible... 101 was deleted.

2. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

As a work around so far... what I've done is create my own XML file.. basically just copied the provisioned one, but changed the username and extension. And then hosted it on my own local server. This is ridiculous.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Deleting the extension does not delete the XML file, go to the provisioning folder and manually delete the file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I didn't think to look for a webserver directory. I just tried a windows search but the file can't be found so far.

I just checked the url again and interestingly enough the xml file that's coming up is now accurate.

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Provisioning files are located here:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

First of all, I would use option 66 in the DHCP, hardcoding the provisioning URL is OK but changes will be a pain.
    Second, simply got to the extension associated with the given phone, change the mac a bit (a bogus one), hit OK, then go back in and re-enter the correct MAC. This will create a file that overwrites the previous one and you should be all set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.