SPA-525/G2 Background Image

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TheInternship, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheInternship

Hello,

I'm an intern working on provisioning SPA525/G2 phones for my office. One of the requested features from my boss was that the background image would be our companies logo and I did so by changing the path to the background image and adding that file into the image folder of the phone. The problem now is that people want to be able to change the background image and having the set path does not allow them to change that. Is there any kind of loophole I can write in the template that would allow users to have the default as the company logo and be able to change the background as they wish?

Thank you!

Here is the current code for the background image
    Code:
    <!--# Logo Provisioning Update #-->
    <Logo_Type group="User/Screen">Download BMP Picture</Logo_Type> 
    <Text_Logo group="User/Screen"/> 
    <Background_Picture_Type group="User/Screen">Download BMP Picture</Background_Picture_Type> 
    <BMP_Picture_Download_URL group="User/Screen">http://%%param::PBXPUBLICIP%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/%%PROVSUBDIR%%/logo/company_logo.jpg</BMP_Picture_Download_URL> 

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it would be easily done, but each template may have to be modified to include a a unique picture file name and location. Something like Ext201.bmp. It would then have to point to a directory where the user of Ext 201 could download the picture but not have access to all of the other users pictures to prevent "practical jokes" and such. The pictures would have to be formatted to the correct size required by the phone. I Know that some sets make this very easy for the user, I'm not certain if the 525 is one of those sets.

I know a few companies that have flat out refused to allow employees changing the sets picture, even though it is technically possible.

3. TheInternship

Yeah I've been working on it all day but it doesn't seem like there is any good way to go about having custom pictures with the path set like that. Thanks for the reply

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.