SPA-942 Off Hook Timeout

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bbarrett71, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbarrett71

This question is for a site running 3CX version 8.0.10116, and with Cisco/Linksys SPA-942 phones running firmware 5.2.5.

According to the SPA-9XX Administrator guide...

I'm well aware where and how to change the short and long interdigit timers. What I can't find for the life of me is how to change the initial timeout that controls how long dial tone is provided before timing out if no keys are pressed. Trying to specify 'T:20,' at the beginning of my dialing plan made zero difference so it doesn't appear to be something you speficy in a dialing plan.

The default value for the initial timeout appears to be in the area of 8-10 seconds. The users would like it to be in the area of 15 to 20 seconds long. Does anyone have a clue how or where this value is configurable?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In most Linksys devices it's the Interdigit Short timer under Regional/Control Timer Values that affects this. The Linksys manual is noot clear the it is not only the time between digits but the timeout from when you go off-hook. The 942 seems to be a bit more specific in the options but have you tried changing the others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.