Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA112 & 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by computer127, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computer127

Can anyone offer any advice for configuring a Cisco SPA112 for faxing with 3CX using a fax machine for both incoming and outgoing faxes? I know it's not a supported device by 3CX but I also know others have done it with success. I currently have one in a test environment and one deployed. The one in the test environment will send but won't receive and the one deployed to a client will receive but won't send. When I send a fax, I hear the handshake but the fax always fails with a communication error. Thanks for any help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume that the 112 has similar options, including t.38, as the Linksys 2102, that model I have had some success with.

You don't make mentions as to what type of trunking that you are using. Is it a PSTN gateway that supports t.38, or a VoIP provider that does the same. If it is going to work, one of those, or perhaps an ISDN Gateway where t.38 is supported, will be required. Fax over VoIP is extremely temperamental and can come down to the make/model of fax machine you are trying to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.