Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA112 Faxing Config

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KatWood, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatWood

I'll keep this short and to the point.

It's been hit or miss with faxing using Cisco SPA112s and Grandstream HT802s.

I've configured both as "regular" extensions and fax extensions.......

I know the Cisco 112 is not supported, but someone has to have a configuration that is "working." I hate faxing, but one of my clients is dependent on it so here I am.

I've had great success using another PBX (almost 100% both ways) with the same SIP provider, but have hit a brick wall here. Any information provided would be greatly appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Any settings that require enabling in the SPA will be self explanatory at they have the word "FAX" in them. Of course it's not just the ATA, that has to work, you do require using a fax extension in 3CX. I just picked up a 112the other day, and can check over the options tonight, unless someone else comes forward in the meantime. Have never used the 112 for faxing but have had some success with other (older) Linksys/Cisco models. Success can also depend on the actual fax machine being used. Some have options to set when used over VoIP, and some will always be hit or miss.

Have a read through this, it may be of some help...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/...12-fax-settings-with-1-line-or-2/td-p/1978582

#2 leejor, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Once configuring the SPA112 through it's fast setup, you have to enable T.38 which is disabled by default. It works great through 3CX with SIP trunks that properly support T.38. If you are having trouble I suggest trying a different SIP provider. Babytel.net is great for Canada/US T.38 trunks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KatWood

Thanks for the comments......I have had success using the Cisco SPA112 and GS with other platforms, just not 3CX. In our situation, we are utilizing the 2 port devices to push dial tone to fax machines. Our current SIP trunks support T.38. I guess I am just looking for a configuration that someone is using that is working with some consistency on 3CX. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find this information. The current settings I am using on these devices on other platforms work and there seem to be no registration issues. When placing a device on 3CX (either as an extension or fax extension) I have difficulty getting the devices to register. I guess I would just like to view someone's programming to see where I am going wrong.

5. giwm

giwm New Member

I spent too much time myself getting a SPA112 working for faxing. Too inconsistent. I ended up using a standalone faxing service. It's admittedly about $18/month but I pared down our faxes from 22 to 3 in the process once administration saw what they were spending just for fax lines.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That sounds like a different problem altogether. How is the device used? Local to the server? I've never had any registration issues with Sipura/Linksys/Cisco ATA devices. Once the settings are in and correct, they tend to be rock solid. The power supplies are a different matter.

Here is an article on some recommended settings using the 112/122 with a different PBX, but, will still apply to 3CX. Still, these settings deal with using the 112 and a fax machine and assumes that registration problems are not an issue.

http://www.asteriskpbxsystems.com/cisco-spa122-fax.html

7. Flash99

Try these setting. Works fine for us

Line 2
      • Line Enable - No
    Line 1

Proxy and Registration

• Proxy - XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Subscriber Information

• Display Name - 8XXX
        • User ID - 8XXX
        • Use Auth ID - Yes
        • Password - XXXXX
        • Auth ID - XXXXX

Supplementary Service Subscription

• Call Waiting Serv - NO
        • Three Way Call Serv - NO

Audio Configuration

• Echo Canc Enable - NO
        • FAX Enable T38 - Yes

8. simply7

I hate to say it, but get 1 analog BRI from the LEC, fax and SIP is just unreliable. If you are a provider this will reduce the amount of support calls you are going to get for failed fax. Most places already have 1 line still for fire/alarm, and you can use that for outgoing fax, then route the inbound fax via your sip trunk through 3CX and deliver the fax that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.