Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA3102: 5.2.13(GW002) Settings with V12?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tarmeeb, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarmeeb

Hello,

3CX is a very powerful and empowering for small businesses, but is not near Microsoft easiness level for an average person,which is fine since it is an Open Source platform.

Now, I have a PSTN connected with a SPA3102 V5.2.13 GW002

The only configuration I could find was this :
    http:/ /www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    which is for an older version 5.1.10(GW and along with Youtube and online Tutorials, I could get it working, had issues with CID, then through these forums I got it fixed (UAE CID configurations should be applied same as to the UK).
    The provisioning through http://localhost/management/provisionin ... ys3102.xml does not work, the file does not exist

Now, here are the problems I am facing :

1. The system gets usually stuck/busy after a call, making it busy if you call it immediately after placing a call. In other words, I call the system , get the reception greeting message,call an extension, then leave a voice mail or talk to the extension then simply finish the call (putting the hook down) I will have the system at the 3CX Phone Console > Ports & Trunks Status > IN > Destination is still active and would not become idle until 90 second or something, if you try calling it will give the busy tone
    I am almost sure it has to do with the SPA3102 delay timing of VOIP to PSTN , but I just cannot get the right numbers....

2. Remote Extensions is driving me nuts!!!
    My setup > IP Server is where my 3CX Console is installed
    Remote Network > Is my computer with 3CXPHONE installed

I have tried the tunnel, the port forwarding (5090 opened,5000 opened,9000-90015 opened,NAT filtering: OPEN, Disabled SIP ALG) and no luck!!

I just wish if there was an easier method to connect a remote extension with simple guides, I understand the Tunnel is included with the FREE edition to make things easier and simply worked, but....it is not working :D !!?

How about having a service to host some files on your website of your google drive, that will create a tunnel or VPN? I have my own domain, and I can point the PBX server IP to that domain, so I can point the remote softphone to connect through that domain? (Ok don't laugh, I'm not an IT expert) , the http://dyn.com/dns/ is kinda expensive

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'll deal with this one at the moment. The 3102 is probably being "held" because 3CX still has the line seized to the voicemail system (it has to time-out). The 3102 has some settings that will cause it to drop when the calling part hangs up, but, they may or may not work depending on the PSTN provider it is connected to and the options that they offer.

The settings that you will want to "play around" with, and it may require some trial and error, are in the PSTN tab/ PSTN Disconnect Detection.

There are several ways that the 3102 has of detecting that the calling party has hung up. The best, and most reliable is Detect CPC. This is where the phone company removes voltage from the phone line for a second or so. Some companies provide this, some don't.

Another method is to detect polarity reversal, again, some providers will do this and some (most?) don't. In most cases it is rare to find this option unless you are a business that has requested this feature for billing purposes.

If those two are not available, then disconnect tone detection is usually the nest best alternative. This is the tone that is applied to the phone line when someone called you and you don't hang up. Two slight problems with this. There is usually a delay before the tone is applied, sometimes 30 to 45 seconds, and you need to know the frequency(s) details about the tone so that the 3102 will detect it properly.

The method of last resort (at least as far as I'm concerned), is silence detection. You have the option of detecting from each direction, and setting a threshold,and duration before the call is dropped. the problem with this method is that legitimate calls can be dropped if the volume is too low. Calls, where you are put on hold for log periods of time have a tendency to drop if you don't get the settings just right.

Over the years, I have not had to change any settings on a 3102 (working with 3CX) because of a firmware upgrade. They usually just add a few extra features, nothing that will cause a failure (or any issues) when used with 3CX. I did not have to change anything when moving 3102's from 3CX version 11 to version 12, and back.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Remote extension issues (simple install with one extension at the remote end, is almost always a router/firewall issue.

Does the 3CX firewall Checker run successfully?

I assume you've read through this? http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/remote-extensions/

And... http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/troubleshooting-direct-remote-extension/

You need to explain exactly what is happening and possibly attach some 3CX logs with details.

4. tarmeeb

Thank you very much for the informative reply, I really appreciate it.

Here is what is going on with the remote extension:

1. I am using a VPN because I suspect the ISP blocks 5090
    2. On the local PBX host, the Firewall check gives all are working, no problems, since all port forwarding is enabled

3. Here is the confusion part:
    a) At the IP PBX side, on the Settings > Network > 3CXTunnel it only gives the option for selecting the computer IP I am using
    b) Now if I use this IP at the 3CXPhone , I am out of office filed and USE tunnel field, nothing happens
    c) If using the router's public IP (which I got from the router log in page) and put it in both fields, the extension is registering, receiving CID, call placed, but no voice,for outbound,I am not being able to Dial out , and on many occasions, it keeps giving Registration failed

Maybe I have disallowed outgoing calls for the extension? I don't think so, currently I'm away from the PBX host and smartly enough, I forgotten to enable remote access.

I have tried as well with http://www.noip.com , it is working, since it is basically a DNS for my public IP, but same thing for outbound calls. Or worst, it has to do with the SPA3102 which is tricky, at least for me.

Clearly it has to do with the network, I just wish there was an easier way!

So what logs would help?Is there a particular log name, where can I generate it if not in the logs folder?

Thank you very much!!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just that port, or the entire 5000 range? If the tunnel establishes, then it isn't blocked.

At the extension end, you have to give it the Public IP (or URL, be sure to put that URL in the Domain Name, in 3CX). You also put in the local IP of the PC running 3CX in the appropriate field.

Don't put the public IP where the IP of the server is supposed to go.

If the tunnel is established, then all communication and voice will use that port.

If, as you suspect, your ISP is blocking some ports, then VPN may be your only option. A number of people have posted from some of the Middle East counties, where VoIP is frowned upon. In most cases VPN seems to be the only way around that.

6. bardissi

bardissi Member

I am sure you checked this but is it possible you didnt check the box on the extension setup that is enabled by default (do not allow use outside the Lan)

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I should add...3CX is aimed at business, most of which, don't have an issue (the cost) with establishing VPN or a Domain if, and when necessary. Even though DynDNS.com has begun charging for its services, there are still a number of dynamic DNS services that do not charge. VPN comes in a number of "types", and, again, there are a number of "free" versions/options available, if you do a search on the net. There are even some inexpensive hardware options (DD-WRT), it all depends on what will work in your particular situation, there are so many variables. It is just about impossible to offer a "one solution fits all" download file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.