SPA3102. call volume

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmatson, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmatson

jmatson New Member

all my calls are very quite. even with the phones volume turned up. anyway to increase that

2. jmatson

jmatson New Member

Re: call volume

actully i;m not.

for my PSTN just a 3102 and a PAP2 for my wif'e's phone
    i am using a SPA942 call volume is the same even on my VOIP line

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Turn up the receive gain in the 3102.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

If you plug a phone into Line 1 of the SPA is the volume normal? IF so that rules out the SPA3102. Otherwise you will need to adjust the receive gain as KerryG suggested.

Also you could try an extension to extension call internally and see what the volume is like there (again rules out the SPA3102 but leaves the 3CX and extensions in there).

finally you could try a softphone to your 942 and see what the volume is like there.

Once you narrow it down we can help you

Mark

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. systemstech

Did you ever find a resolution for this problem, I am having the same issue very low volume on calls/voicemails from the spa-3102 as a pstn gateway but normal volume interoffice?
    Thanks,
    John

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can try adjusting the gain on the 3102 but you risk echo problems, if you go too far. Make your you write down any settings that you change so you can go back to the original. Make sure that the impedance settings are correct for your location.

If you are lucky enough to have a second phone line available, try plugging the 3102 onto that and see if there is a difference. Make sure that you don't have any other devices sharing the same phone line, or long, unterminated runs half tapped on the cable pair, the capacitance can reduce level or cause echo problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.