Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA3102 Caller ID does NOT work (Period)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RobertKroll, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertKroll

I have several SPA3102 units. I have spent the last 4 hours reading EVERY post about the SPA3102...my eyes HURT! Anyway, the issue is that I am getting ParseException errors:

19:01:43.262 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949
    19:01:27.261 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    19:01:19.260 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    19:01:15.260 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    19:01:13.260 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    19:01:12.260 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    19:01:11.760 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA
    ^
    18:58:18.997 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    ART MECHANICA

From what I can tell, there seems to be a problem with what is getting passed to 3CX from the SPA3102. I will get into the settings and firmware in a minute. Here's the thing, SOMETIMES the caller ID works, from SOME providers, but in this particular case, the call came from New York to Williamsburg, VA. The originator was Cablevision, and the receiver was Verizon. The actual ID should have read: TEMP-ART MECHANICAL 516-538-XXXX. I have the following Settings:

I went to the Linksys support forums and just about everywhere else I could. My fingers hurt from google'ing. I have a Patton that works beautifully, and several Grandstreams that work just as good.

I have tried just about every possible combination, I have added and removed the "*", and so on. I guess I am at the end of my rope, and either these units have to play nice, or I have to replace them.

Thank you in advance for any help
    Regards,
    Bob

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

well...first of all, when set up properly, caller ID does work on the 3102. That said, your problem may be caused by the format of the information that is being sent by your specific provider. I have seen some issues crop up here in the forums caused when the name contains something other than spaces between characters. I can't remember if it was specifically related to the 3102 or another gateway. What firmware load are you using? Have you tried, or do you have the opportunity to try the 3102 on another providers phone line?

Yes, the 3102 can be very frustrating as there are so many options. Even more so when it looks like everything is set correctly and it still doesn't work.

This was the post i was thinking about...http://www.3cx.com/forums/parse-exception-prevents-call-pickup-15099.html#p78409

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Try VOIP answer delay 3. Some times it needs a bit of time to gather the caller ID. This is a problem with Optimum Voice in certain locations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Calls coming in on the PSTN line are governed by PSTN Answer Delay, which he already has set to 3 , and is the minimum time I've found that still allows CID to work in North America.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I had something else on mi mind, PSTN answer delay, sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.