SPA3102 Dialing Delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mutti_wilson, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutti_wilson

I just got my gateway setup and everything works:) The only issue i'm having which isn't really much of an issue, is when I dial out. After I dial the number there is a 2 second delay, then a beep, then I hear a faint sound of the number being dialed, then the call goes through. Other than that it works great!

2. ess

ess New Member

hey,

first off, congrats. but ya. that's what i deal with too. it is just the way voip is transferred from the phone to the pbx across the gateway to the pstn. when you dial, you're not sending the digits straight to the pstn line. so, the gateway reproduces them real quick before the call goes through.

there might be a way to turn that noise down... or alter the delay. but, in my experience with the spa3102, most delays are there for a reason. if you want to tinker, there might be a pstn dialing delay setting.

good luck! but sometimes its best just to not fix what aint (that) broken :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.