Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA3102 doesn't disconnect PSTN call when I hang up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pulsonix, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pulsonix

This is my scenario:
    - New 3CX installation on XP Pro64.
    - UK PSTN standard phone line connected to SPA3102 which is registered with 3CX.
    - 2x SPA303 IP phones registered with 3CX.
    - Calls can be made (internal, outgoing and incoming).

This is my problem: if I accept incoming call on my extension, then when I hang up the IP phone, the caller's phone is not disconnected, they hear silence but the call continues. If I plug in analog phone to the PSTN line, I can resume the call. For an outgoing call made from my IP phone extension to the same mobile phone number, hanging up the IP phone does disconnect the call properly, so it seems to depend on which direction the call is going.

Disconnect tone on PSTN tab of 3102 is set to
    400@-30,400@-30; 2(3/0/1+2)
    which should I believe be correct for UK, and I'm thinking it must be okay as an outgoing call terminates okay when I hang up.

After hanging up the incoming call, the Info tab on the 3102 shows Hook state=On, Voip and PSTN state=Idle, and last PSTN Disconnect Reason as 'Voip Call Ended'. I've tried various settings on the PSTN Disconnect Detection but no change.

I would like to crack this problem before I proceed with deployment around the company, don't want to end up with lots of 'stuck' phone calls!

David.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you hang up the 3CX extension, 3CX will send a message to the 3102 to "drop the call". that just means that the 3102 is no longer putting a seizure across the line, and it sounds like that is happening.

The problem you are having is when someone calls you (they originate the call). Have you tried just using a regular telephone instead of the 3102? Have someone call you, answer, then hang up. Be sure that they don't hang up, when you pick up the phone, are they still there? If so, then your phone company does not care that your phone has gone on-hook ,the calling party has control of the line. This would confirm that It is not a 3102 issue.

It is assumed that the calling party will hang up as they are no longer talking, why is the person calling you still of-hook after you hang up?

If this is the case then there is nothing you can do about it. Talk to your phone company, see what they say.

Because the line is being kept open by the caller, there will be no disconnect tone, the line will drop when they hang up or a timeout period is reached.

3. pulsonix

Thanks leejor, that's exactly what happens!
    Spent so long fiddling with settings that I forgot to go right back to basics!
    I can now get on with implementing the rest of our system.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.