SPA3102. DTMFs are not delivered from cell phones.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mchristsen, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchristsen

I have an issue with DTMF Tones and 3cx Digital Assistant Greeting.

Here is my setup:
    A CallCentric VoIP Gateway for incoming and outgoing calls
    A Linksys SPA3102 as a PSTN Gateway for a main Verizon Number
    3CX v8 with a In-Hours and Out of Hours Digital Assistants.

When I call in on the VoIP line on my cellphone I can type in someones extension while the DI message is playing and the message will stop and transfer to the extension.

When I dial in on the PSTN Line, I type in the extension while the message is playing and nothing happens. Once the message finishes playing I can type the extension and 3CX transfers.

From a landline calling the PSTN line, I believe I can interrupt the DI Message when typeing the extension.

Different cellphones have had different results. So I can concede that it is the cellphone, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this issue? I would like to know if there are any settings on the SPA3102 that might help with this issue.

Otherwise everything on 3CX has been going great.

Michael

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: 3CX no hearing DTMF tones while playing Message

Some DTMF issues are a result of too short of a tone duration, which , in many handsets, unfortunately, can't be controlled. There are some DTMF settings in the 3102, make note of what you change (if you make multiple changes) in off chance that it adversely affects other functions.

Under the PSTN Line Tab/Audio Configuration there are DTMF related settings. You can try changing the DTMF Tx Method and see if that improves things. The default is Auto.

3. mchristsen

Thanks

I did play with these and had some rather undesirable results, like all DTMF tones not being recognized.

I would like to know if anyone else had experienced this issue where they cannot "select an option" during the DI message playback, but can once it is done. It seems like the Linksys together with the US Verizon Wireless network cannot accept DTMF tones while audio is going out.

We tried this with an iPhone on AT&T and it worked fine.

Michael

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could try an experiment to see just what is going out over the network from each type (network) of mobile phone. Call a standard line from the mobile, one that you can answer. Listen on the phone you just answered while you press the digits on the mobile. What do the DTMF tones sound like? Are they of a long or short duration? Is the difference between networks noticeable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.