SPA3102, FXO and FXS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brunnenguk, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brunnenguk

I am aware that 3CX does not support using the Linksys SPA3102 as an FXO and FXS device at the same time but a noticed a few posts by people who claim to use the device in this configuration.

I've had a bash at this and the FXO side works fine. The FXS side acts a little strangely. I can't make any calls on the handset (internal or external but I can receive calls)

To anyone who is using a 3102 in this configuration, did you need to do anything specific to make both sides work or did it "just work"?

2. brunnenguk

Whoops, silly me got the dial plan wrong (I thought the "." at the end was a full stop at the end of the line) :oops:

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, the dial plan can be quite important. You will probably want to customize it later to suit the type/length of numbers you call, it will make your calls go through faster.

There are a number of settings that that cause the 3102 to completely separate the FXO and FXS sides.

4. brunnenguk

thanks, I'll look in to dial plans as dialout can be quite slow at the moment.

With regards to completely separating the FXO and FXS sides, I went bout configuring both sides by following this guide http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I followed the steps for configuring it as a gateway but with the crucial difference of not disabling line 1, then following the ATA guide (but not disabling PSTN)

Are the settings you refer to there or are there additional settings? (do they provide a greater separation of devices?)

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can always hit # after the dialled number to speed things until you construct a dial plan.

I hadn't looked over that guide for a while. The setting that a lot of people, not familiar with the 3102, miss, is the PSTN ring thru Line 1. For some reason, they set it to yes in error. I'm really not sure why 3CX says the the 3102 isn't supported when both FXO and FXS are used. The port numbers also seem to trip up a lot of people. As long as provisioned correctly, both portions will operate independently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.