SPA3102 Low Volume on PSTN Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zoomzoomvince, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoomzoomvince

I have setup my SPA3102 and I can now receive calls from the BT pstn line onto my 3CX system now (ver 6.1.0). The only isue seems to be that the volume seems low when we get the call on the 3CX system. Looking through previous posts it seems that I can change a settings on the SPA3102. Voice - > PSTN Line. Internaltion Control section.

SPA To SPTN Gain - currently set to 0
    PSTN To SPA Gain - currently set to 0

What are the recommended settings to increase the volume.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would suspect that "0" is the default. I would just increase the PSTN to SPA Gain one digit at a time until it sounds OK. Too high much may cause echo problems. Do calls over an analogue phone on the BT line sound OK or are they low too? Are people at the far end complaining of a low level from you?

3. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Increasing the gain as recommended is the first thing to try. '5' is usually a good point to start.

We are currently working on templating the 3102, and woudl be interested in any feedback in any particular tweaks you needed to make to use the device in the UK.

We plan to preset any particular needs for various countries so as to simplify initial install and setup, for best results right out the box.

Any comments / feedback welcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. banksy

Hi William,

I found while testing at home a big difference in settings between BT and Virgin Media, I dont want to think what settings we would need for our PBX at work.

Saying these are UK settings maybe a bad thing, you may actually need different templates for different lines.

For example i could never get our line at work to hangup after the call.

Regards

Paul Banks

5. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Can you send us a screen shot of the Progress tones you got in place for BT or Virgin so that we can cross check with R&D. The more info you can give us the more we can improve what we are working on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't speak for BT, but in North America a lot of PSTN's will give a disconnect signal (a short open) on the phone line when the called party has hung up before you have. this will cause PBX's to drop the call or key sysetms to drop calls that have been left on hold anf forgotten about. A number of (usually business) lines will also give a current reversal when the called party answers and a reversal back to normal polarity to signal that the call has ended. This is usually provided apon request for billing purposes, mainly used on lines out of a PBX. The disconnect is pretty standard, maybe your work provider doesn't supply that and you'll have to set the silence time-out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.