SPA3102 negative line voltage, Cause 404 not found

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dazzla75, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazzla75

HI I have an spa3102 which was previously working fine. However it is now giving me cause 404 not found errors. I had this the other day with another adapter, changed the line cable and it was fine. This one however shows line voltage as -48V, which presumably is telling the 3cx that the line is not available? strange thing is though that incoming calls are fine and been routed to the 3cx correctly, i just cant make outband calls. when an inbound call comes in line voltage goes to about 145V.

I have been playing with the line in voltage trying to set it to -13V (this is the state the line goes to when i pick up the phone), however the spa3102 still thinks it is on hook. any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suspect that you may have reversed the tip and ring causing the reading that you get now. If you used a line cord where one end (RJ11 or RJ12) was crimped on "upside down", then this will happen. There is a setting, Detect Polarity Reversal, that may be causing an issue. The line in may very well be polarity sensitive.

The default for Line-In-Use Voltage is 40V, anything below that , when another phone is off hook, will be seen as the line being in use. This value should not have to change unless you are using the 3102 on a PBX line that uses 24 volts.

3. dazzla75

That may have been the case if this was a new install, but it was all working fine up until last night. so i am wondering whether the ports on the spa3102 has gone bad? the wiring hasnt changed polarity.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If all else fails..... in your browser, save the pages from the 3102 so you have all of your current settings, then do a factory reset.

5. dazzla75

Hi did that still.....-48V....weird!

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Had a look at the info page of a couple of mine, this AM, both show 52 volts (no minus sign). If you are seeing a minus try reversing the tip and ring.

7. dazzla75

I cant see how the tip and ring got reversed magically without me changing the physical wiring, possible dud port? funny thing is though it receives calls fine and the voltage rises to +

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If that was the case, then it could have been a result of some sloppy work being done in the central office or elsewhere on your line.

9. dazzla75

This is in the UK, I doubt it....because the line still functions fine for all other devices, accepts calls, just wont make any....weird...but i dont want to have to go to the expense of buying a whole new unit to prove it is faulty.

10. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi guys,

I live in Holland and I have on 4 different locations SPA3102 connected to PSTN lines.
    None of the SPA’s has any problem.
    In the Info tab of all the SPA’s, the Line Voltage shows -48 (V)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the syslog feature on the 3102 to find out what is happening internally, during a call attempt?

or...using the internal dialplan, set it up to send a call , dialled on the phone plugged into the FXS, out on the FXO port (gw0), see if that works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.