SPA3102 not calling inbound

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Anonymous, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

My current setup is.
    External hosted 3cx server, I have 2 x linksys ip phones, spa942 and spa962 that connect over NAT to the system. All is working ok.

I have another number that i want to go to a seperate phone, currently using the spa962 and all working ok.

What I have done is put in a spa3102 with a pstn phone plugged into the line 1 port. I can make calls, calls voicemail, call other extensions I just can't get inbound calls to work. Any ideas??

When i ring the number i can see the light blinking more on the spa3102 but the phone wont ring. The spa3102 has the 3cx server ip address and is a registered extension in 3cx.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX server log look like when a call is placed to the extension using the 3102? You do have the telephone plugged into the correct jack, right?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

It is saying call to sip 103@Hostip has failed, Cause 404 not found; from IP:myip

I have set all the nat options in the spa3102 the same way as i have the phones configured.

It is detected under phones as Cisco SPA wtih my ip address.

And the phone is plugged into the phone port, I dont have a pstn line. I am just using the spa3102 so i can use a cordless PSTN phone. I can't dial its extension from another phone either it doesn't ring, if i dial out however it is all ok.

Must be a setting in the 3102?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you power up the 3102, do you see a registration log in 3CX? What does that show, IP and port? Did you give the 3102 a fixed IP (locally) or just let it use DHCP?

And what port number? If you have more than one device behind the router at your (remote from 3CX) location, then each one has to have a unique port number (or you would need to use the proxy server). If another set is using port 5060 (the default for the FXS port), then you have to give it a different port number.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK this is working now.

I noticed there was the extension i was using was alway set as registered even if the device was unplugged.
    I created a new extension, then i couldn't dial it saying the number doesn't exist.
    So i deleted both and created a new one and it rings straight through now.

so not sure what happened really.

6. danielbo

I can make outbound and inbound calls without any problems. My problem is trying to call inter office call, trying to call another extention, I keep getting the extentions voice mail or if the phone rings, it will hang up as soon as the other person answers the call.
    I also not understanding how paging works or what I can do with it. I am wanting to communicate within the office easier.
    I hope someone can help me with this, and many thanks for doing so.
    Daniel Bonnell

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Post the 3CX log showing an attempted call to one of the extension. Since all of the extensions are "remote" to the PBX, did you check that they each have a unique port number?

8. danielbo

So if I am understanding this right, each phone and each line should have it's own port, for example
    Phone 1 has 4 lines, so the ports should be 5060,5061,5062,5963
    Phone 2 has 4 lines, so the ports should be 5064,5065,5066,5067
    Phone 3 has 4 lines, so the ports should be 5068,5069,5070,5071
    Phone 4 has 2 lines, so the ports should be 5072,5073
    Phone 5 has 2 lines, so the ports should be 5074,5075
    Phone 6 has 1 line, so the port should be 5076

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, that is how you would set it up if all phones are behind the same router,not on the same LAN as 3CX, and not using the 3CX proxy server (which you might want to explore using). When 3CX addresses each line, this includes phones with multiple lines. each is addressed by the public IP at your remote location and the port, so the combination has to be unique. (IP+port). Also , in 3CX, in each of the extensions options, be sure you have "PBX delivers audio" option turned off. That way a calls audio from extension to extension won't go all the way back and route via the PBX.

10. danielbo

could you tell me a little bit more about 3cx proxy server? Thanks for all your help so far.
    Dan

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.