Spa3102 Outbound Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by new4, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new4

Hi, to all :!:

I was wondering whether there has been any change since last year when
    I first posted this, with the following:

I'm using a spa3102 gateway (1fxs, 1fxo) in order to use my PSTN line
    within the pbx. My question is : Can I set a custom outbound caller
    ID for all calls going out on this port?? I can see that in the version8 windows management
    console there's a relative setting (Ports/Trunks Status->edit port -> other options -> Outbound caller ID)
    -pls refer to attachment- but it doesn't seem to be working.. Is there a way to fix this :?:

Thank you all in advance,

Vassilis
    Rhodes island-Greece

Attached Files:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only way to change outbound caller ID, when using a gateway (PSTN) is to ask your provider to change it. Other than blocking your number, or getting your provider to change it, (and I'm sure they would only change it to another number hat you have with them), there is no way of changing it. That will not change with future 3CX updates. You would have to have a VoIP provider that allows number changes to send a different number.

3. new4

ok, thanks! Now I know for sure that's there's nothing I can do aboout it.. :oops:

4. willow

willow Member

Unfortunately there is no way to change the caller ID on analog trunks. This is however a very nice benefit with some SIP trunk providers as you can send out any caller id you want normally, and it works really well with the ring my extension and mobile at the same time feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.