SPA3102 - work only one way

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jms4318, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jms4318

I have configured a lab with a SPA3102, folow exactly the guides of de 3Cx; check an re check and not all work.

I can call from 3CX softphone to analog extension, 8300, of my Avaya (8 is my prefix in the 3CX system) and the handset ring well.

When i call fron any extension to avaya PBX extension 300 (this is connected to the line port in my case), the 3102 info only show "ring" in the linksys info page, never the call pass to VOIP interface. No activity can see on the 3cx system

In the 3CX systems (i use the last free edition) the all works fine the 3cx is green registred also like a pst gateway. Another softphone and skype gateways works fine.

The lab is in stand alone server, IP are the same as a guide, re check many times the guide vs config in the 3102 and all is ok, the firmware is 5.1.10(GW).

I need same else in the 3CX system ?? The SPA3102 only show idle or ringing and voip always idle.
    I think the 3102 never forward the call to the IP interace, but after too many days a cant find the way

thanks a lot and sorry for my poor english in this my first post

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If something coming to PBX then it should be reflected in the PBX log. If PBX is trying to do something it is definitely there.
    Do you have any additional information?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have the FXO port of the 3102 plugged into a line jack of a PBX, one thing to check for is the voltage settings. Some PBX's put out only 24 volts, not the 48 to 51 volts that most POTS lines carry. The 3102 willthink that the line is engaged because the voltage is below the threshold of an on hook state. That is one problem i came across a number of years ago, took me forever to figure that one out. The main status page should show you what voltage it sees on the line.

4. jms4318

Yes, the voltage is -33/-34 Volts. Ringing or Idle

Can adjusts this in the 3102 configuration ??
    The "-" (minus) is correct ??

Thank for the "speedy" answer

5. jms4318

Ok, the values in my 3102 are:

International Control
    FXO Port Impedance: 600
    Ring Frequency Min: 10
    SPA To PSTN Gain: 0
    Ring Frequency Max: 100
    PSTN To SPA Gain: 0
    Ring Validation Time: 256ms
    Tip/Ring Voltage Adjust: 3.5V
    Ring Indication Delay: 512ms
    Operational Loop Current Min: 10mA
    Ring Timeout: 640ms
    On-Hook Speed: Less than 0.5ms
    Ring Threshold: 13.5-16.5 Vrms
    Current Limiting Enable: no
    Ringer Impedance: High (Normal)
    Line-In-Use Voltage: 30

6. jms4318

I change the cable /port of the pbx to another 3102 with the same voltage/polarity in the info page.

In this case the linksys try the forward the call to the VOIP interface; but here the DP call to other IP not a "line" like is in the gateway guide. Appears that the voltage is not the problem.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can download a syslog server, install it on a PC on your network and then setup and enable syslog on the 3102. The logs may give you a clue as to why the call is failing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.