SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Markham, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Markham

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:11 am Post subject: Linksys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we are about to test with this device and write a small configuration guide.

In the meantime, can you post the server status log so we can see at what point it is failing?

I see that you intended to do this 3 months ago, and I am in need to a way to configure a SPA3102 for an Potts line, but cannot get it to work despite trying all suggestions in this forum.

When might this configuration guide be available?

Thanks in advance.

Markham

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working fine for me, but that does not help you does it :).

What is not working? I assume with POTTS you mean you PSTN wright?

I posted some screen dumps of my configuration, the guys at 3cx are (from my understanding) flat out with making this app even better.

So in the mean time, how can we help (we just being the forum addicts :))

SPA 3102 Router settings:
    http://www.dayboro.info/3cx/Router.htm

SPA 3102 Voice Settings:
    http://www.dayboro.info/3cx/Voice.htm

3CX Settings
    http://www.dayboro.info/3cx/3CX.htm

In the mean time let us know what does not work, what is it not doing.

Eg. does not register, no sound or you simply have troubles with the setup of spa 3102

Henk

3. Markham

Thanks for your assistance.

I am attempting to use the 3102 as a gateway to a Plain Old Telephone Line.

I do not have any VOIP provider. Everytime I try to dial a call, it just says "StratInOut::initialize: Can't call external line DN when attempting to dial the sip of the PSTN port.

I want the phones to ring and the phones to call out on the PSTN line to make local and long distance calls. Ideally, I am using this as a standard PBX for an analog phone line.

I hope this makes sense.

Markham.

4. Markham

I cannot get the PSTN line to register.

All I get is this error in the Server logs "ServRegs::eek:nAdd: Registration is rejected: user 10400 is not in database"

Yet the user is in the database as the Authentication ID for the PSTN line.

I am trying several setting as yours to see the results. I think I am beginning to understand this thing, but am not too confident in my knowledge.

Markham

5. Markham

I seem to be able to dial something as when I do the sequence, it seems to dial, but only hear half a ring, and there is no activity on the analog phone line. It looks like it is trying to dial some other way.

6. Markham

I looked at the status of the 3102 and see that the 3102 or the 3cx is attempting to send all calls through VOIP on the PSTN.

How do I stop this?

Markham

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baby steps baby steps.

WRight bit in the wrong place :), that is where this error is all about. You got 10400 in the wrong field on the SPA, it should not be in Auth ID but in User ID. This is on the PSTN line.

So you want to have all the calls to go to PSTN (POTS) no problem, this is what you do.

You have a line1 and PSTN, in line1 just fill in some names etc to get a dummy line1. Than make sure you have VoIP Fallback To PSTN Auto PSTN Fallback enabled. So it will always fall back to PSTN because you cannot register to a VSP. Now that is the butcher way.

The nice way is to use the functionality in 3cX, there is a setting under "Outbound rule" that allows you to have all calls going to where ever you want them to go.

Under Make outbound calls on, set this to VOIP Gateway and select your PSTN gateway.

THat should do the trick, now you have to use your dialout rule to use this. So every call (if you use 0 as dial out) needs to be prefixed with 0. This will route the calls to your PSTN configuration in the SPA-3102.

Hope this helps, lets us know how you go.
    Henk.

8. Markham

I now have it registered.

I have those outbound settings, but it still goes out through the voip side.

Incoming callsa are answered by a blank tone, which it appears is transferred to the voip somehow.

I will do a little more testing. I might have something backwards.

Do I put the outgoing port in 3cx to the PSTN as the externel sip port number or the sip port number?

Thanks for your help.

Markham

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok let me see if I understand this:

========================
    Lines:
    Gateway:
    PSTN this is where the PSTN calls come from and go to (ATA)

Provider:
    VoIP this is where the VoIP calls come from and go to (VSP)

=========================
    Outbound calls:

PSTN:

Setup an outbound rule for PSTN calls, for example call it PSTN calls.
    Say all numbers starting with "9" (so you have to press 9 to activate this route)
    Set "Make Outbound Calls" to VOIP Gateway PSTN

This will route all calls to the PSTN you configured in the line setup. Alternative you can make two rules one for local and one for long distance using the prefix numbers, so yo do not have to pre dial with "9"

VoIP:

Setup an outbound rule for VOIP calls, for example call it VOIP calls.
    Say all numbers starting with "0" (so you have to press 0 to activate this route)
    Set "Make Outbound Calls" to VOIP provider VOIP

This will route all calls to the VOIP you configured in the line setup.
    =============================

Incoming calls you want them to go where?
    You want all phones to ring when a call comes in?

If you want them all to ring at the same time (hey, lets wake up the whole house :))

In line configuration you have create your

PSTN line, configure to allow answer incoming calls on this line, configure route calls to a Ring Group (virtual extension you configure in the ring group).

VOIP line, configure to allow answer incoming calls on this line, configure route calls to a Ring Group (virtual extension you configure in the ring group).

You need to configure a ring group (fun stuff that is).
    Enter a virtual extension.

Ring Strategy, two options here.

Ring All, this will fire of to make all phones ring at the same time. Good fun but can be annoying when you pickup the phone as there might be a delay in making the other phones stop ringing.

Hunt, ok get your joggers :). This will ring the Members one after the other. So ring extension 100 for 20 seconds (ring time) than ring 200 for 20 seconds etc. I use this, and have the room where I am most (the dunny LOL) ring first.

Include the members, this is where you setup which phones you want to include. So if you do not want the dunny phone to ring than do not include them. You also set the order in here (that is for the hunt group).

No answer, I have that forwarded to my main extension so if nobody home this is where the call goes with its voice mail etc.

Hope this helps, let me know how you go. I am still a bit in the grey area on what it is your really want to do. But I believe I am close :).

Henk.

10. Markham

I have tried almost all settings.

Now it is basic and I can see all the outgoing calls go to voip.

All incoming calls go nowhere. I can see it ringing in the 3102 info, but it goes nowhere.

I must have missed something simple.

11. Markham

For the PSTN line I have it set to ring a single phone. It does not ring or do anything when the line is ringing. I can see it ringing in the Info page.

I do not have any VOIP service coming in. It is all a network local system.

Outbound rules has it with a prefix 9 and set to the Voip Gateway and then from the pulldown list the PSTN line 5061 that was setup. Despite this, it attempts to dial out on VOIP in the 3102 info page when refreshing as it calls. I see a setting in 3cx for " Is external gateway" yet I do not have it selected.

I want all outgoing calls to go to the analog phone line that is connected to the Line jack on the 3102, and I want all the incoming calls on the Line jack on the 3102 to ring at extenstion 100.

That is all. I see that somehow it is outgoing going to VOIP and incoming doing nothing. One setting had it answer immediately and it was blank.

I hope this helps.

Markham

12. Markham

itfarmer

What is (ATA) and (VSP)?

I have neither of these devices. Maybe that is the problem.

13. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Markham,
    The ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter] is your 3102, The VSP is your Voice over IP Service provider (which you may or may not have).

I assume you have a PSTN line registered & showing green in 3cx [10000 or something similar]? To route outgoing calls over this PSTN interface is then a matter of:
    In 3cx:
    1) Creating an appropriate outbound rule
    2) Selecting 'make outbound calls' on 'Voip gateway' and selecting whatever 3cx name you gave your 3102 interface.

Let us know how you get on,
    Chris

14. Markham

Cjay,

That is exactly what I have.

The line light is on. It is registered.

I see in the Gateway configuration for the name of the PSTN line, that there is an option for "Is external Gateway", and I do not have this checked. I tried checking it and it does not make a difference.

Regardless, the program attempts to call throught the VOIP and it rings a phantom line on an outgoing call, and no incoming calls get through to the phones.

Even in the server status, it does not show the line ringing.

I am at wits end for trying options.

Can I obtain all the settings somehow to post for review?

15. Markham

I found why it rings constantly when I call, I tried putting a VOIP answer delay of 600 to see what it does. It just rings. If I turn it down to 0 it just gives a half a ring and then goes blank.

Here is what is in the Server Status during that call:

16:23:27.368 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnCfmd: ConnCfmd: 100@L:1@C:21
    16:23:27.268 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnCfmd: ConnCfmd: 10400@L:2@C:21
    16:23:27.258 StratInOut::eek:nConnected: Call from Ext.100 to Ln:10400@Pots line is established
    16:23:27.258 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected: Connected: 10400@L:2@C:21
    16:23:27.258 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected: Connected: 100@L:1@C:21
    16:23:22.011 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ext.100 to sip:96253963@192.168.1.50

I hope this might shed some light.

16. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

The "Is external Gateway" is to be used for gateways that are outside the PBX's subnet, therefore the PBX would then need to comunicate using the subnet's external IP when dealing with the gateway. This setting doesn't apply to you scenario.

If you do not see anythign in the 'Server Status' logs then the call is not reaching the PBX. There must be a configuration erro somewhere.

You also seem to be running RC1 or earlier, please have a look at the new release which also includes and updated manual.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this resolved, can you receive incomming calls now etc?

Henk.

18. Markham

Solved

I went with TrixBox and the setup was quick and easy.

It now works well.

Thanks for all the support.