SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Newbee trying to configure

The Ethernet (LAN) connection appears to not allow the IP Mask other than one from a Class C address I need a mask of 255.255.0.0 is there a way to do this.

Also

Attaching a phone to the phone connection only gets a busy signal

What am I doing wrong

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I just went through and got a copy of all of the settings I have on one of my 3102's. Under the Router/ WAN setup, I have the netmask as 255.255.0.0, so it will take that.

There are a number of other settings that have to change before you will be able to do much with the 3102. When I get some time this week I will go over them all.

As far as the network settings...

WAN setup.
    Connection type Static IP
    Put in your IP, gateway (router IP), DNS server (again, can be your router IP), Primary NTP server if you want the time on call display of the phone correct, and Enable WAN web server = Yes

Once you've changed that and saved, then confirmed that you can still access the setting from the WAN side, you can go into LAN Setup and change Networking service to Bridge, then save

After that you will only use the WAN side and the Static IP you assigned, for access to the settings.

You may want to confirm that you have the latest (last) firmware load on your 3102, it should be 5.1.7(GW). That is shown on the STATUS page.

I'll go over setting up the phone next.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you follow sections 4 through to 6, in this...

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/cisco-spa501g/

(most menu items are the same as in the LINE tab in the 3102), you should be able to register an extension, that you had previously created in 3CX.

Let me know if you have any problems. I'm assuming that the network setting have been provisioned as I went over earlier, and that there were no issues encountered.

Once you have the extension working, I'll go over setting up the trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.