Spa400 outbound line

Discussion in 'Windows' started by natanel, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natanel

Hi guys,
    Trying the 3cx for the first time, still on the free version for the next 7-10 days.
    Anyway, I've set the SPA400 and I receive calls successfully (I have 2 lines connected to the SPA400).
    But I can't make calls, tried all the combinations in outbound rules without success...

What can be done?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Without looking over your settings in the 400, I would start with the 3CX Server Logs. What do they show just after an outbound call attempt? Post the log here if it is unclear as to what might be happening.

3. natanel

Got it to work, but I cannot choose which line to use, it always dialing from line 1 unless it's in use.
    Any idea how to make it work?
    I've already tried separating the lines by using to PSTN providers, one for each line.
    Still doesn't work.

Thanks for helping out!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Gateways fall into one of two categories (generally), when doing outbound calls. On one type, you can use a prefix to specify which trunk you want the call to rout out on. On the other, you either don't get a choice, it makes it for you, or, you have to "split the device into more than one trunk group. You may be able to do that with the 400 as I don't believe that it will fall into the first category.

So...you will have to create a new trunk group, and hopefully, on the 400, you can assign another port number to the new group. In 3CX you also create a new trunk group. the new group will send calls to the same IP (the device will use only one IP), but to the new port you assigned to the new trunk group. Not having used the SPA400 before, this is all speculation, hope it works for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.