Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

spa504g and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by semn, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. semn

Hi all

I prepare on my desk a lab top to play my self with the 3cx server and cisco spa504g phone. My intention is to test vigorous the 3CX platform before to replace my old PBX. In this moment i have couple question if someone can help me:
    *Can someone tell me if it's possible to have access at the Company Director from sp504g ?
    *Can someone tell me how should i install the new certificate in the spa504g ?
    *From time to time when i call via PSTN line ( but i saw this issue when i use voip line too) i still receive the ring sound but the person all ready response at my call .( i will try to capture the log to find what it's wrong)
    * It's possible to receive the original sound when call someone ?( like a normal PBX)

Thanks
    George

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Not that I am aware of

What new certificate?

Sounds like a configuration issue on your system, not the phone.

What do you mean the original sound? The original sound of what?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

The very latest version of 3CX PhoneSystem allows use of the Company Directory with the Cisco SPA5xxG range using Provisioning.

To configure this manually, go to the Admin->Advanced page, go to the Voice->Phone tab, and:
    [*]in the "XML Directory Service Name" field, enter the name of the directory - eg: "3CX Directory"
    [*]in the "XML Directory Service URL" field, enter "http://10.0.0.11:5481/provisioning/cisco_phonebook.xml" (Cassini) or "http://10.0.0.11/management/provisioning/cisco_phonebook.xml" (IIS)

This is working definitely for Firmware Versions 7.4.3 and later...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. semn

Hi

Today i try to retrieve the Company Directory using your suggestions. Unfortunately in the Directory section ( from my spa504g) when i hit "3CX Directory " i receive " 404 not found". To provisioning the phone book i use this link : http://192.168.125.10:5481/provisioning/cisco_phonebook.xml. ( 192.168.125.10 is the ip of my 3cx server)

Thanks
    George

My spa504g use 7.4.3 firmware version.

5. semn

What do you mean the original sound? The original sound of what?[/quote]

When i say the original sound i think at the sound produce by my PSTN gateway. Right now when i calling someone using my Mobil line ( i have a premicell box connected at my pstn gateway over a fxo port) it's a little bit annoying because from the moment when i finish to dial the number and moment when the dialed number start to ring i need 12-16 seconds. In this time i receive the ring sound generate by the pbx.
    I start to receive complains from my guys because a normal people when call someone wait to receive 3 to 5 rings if the guy doesn't respond in this time the majority of my guy close the phone. ( in Romania the voice mailbox are not very popular ).
    So my question is if it's possible to receive the sound produce the PSTN gateway instead of the ring sound produce by the PBX ( i think it's British ring sound).

Thanks

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.