• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA508G Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronN

Reaction score
I just downloaded the free version of 3CX to test out, and I am looking for the answer to two questions:

1) Is it possible to provision the same physical phone for multiple extensions? (i.e. have a phone for Desk1 that 3 users share, but allow each of the 3 users to have their own extension/voicemail/etc so they phone is theirs when they're at the desk)

2) Is it possible with the SPA508G to make phone calls without having to hit the "dial" button? By default, if you pick up the handset and dial a number, you must hit "dial" before the call is placed.

Thanks,

Aaron

1) NO if you use the auto provisioning. You can configue different lines for differenet accounts if you do it manually.
2) Use the # key at the end of the number

Thanks for the quick response!

If we don't auto-provision the phones for shared desks, is there an easy way for the users to enter their id/password?

Let it auto-provision the 1st time, then go in the phones' web GUI, under provisioning, disable auto-provisioning (provisioning tab). You will have the opportunity to configure several accounts (up to 8), you will need the server IP address, SIP ID and the password.

I find this setup unusual but possible. Is there a specific reason for doing this that you can't achieve in other ways?

In one office, we have three shifts of users who share four desks. So four users will use the desks/phones from 7a-3p, four different users will use the desks from 3p-7p, and then four more different users will use the desks from 11p-7a.

With the current PBX, there is just a Desk1, Desk2, Desk3, and Desk4 extension; however, it would be nice to allow each employee to have their own extension moving forward so they can receive voicemails when they're not working but have a physical phone ring when they are.

The other option is to just use softphones so they can login when they're at the desk and remove the variable of a physical phone completely.

Well, setup a differnet line appearence for each desired user. That is just about your best option next to the softphone. You have 8 lines in the end so you have a few to spare for multiple calls.
Use the different ExtX for each needed account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cc92260
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.