Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA525G2 LDAP AD lookup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by paulg, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulg

Hi all,

I have some Cisco SPA504G phones that I have configured for LDAP lookup on our Active Directory servers. I followed the instructions as listed here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/active-directory-cisco-phone/
    and everything works fine.

However, we do have a couple of SPA525G2 phones, and I cannot get them to do an AD lookup. I realize that at the bottom of the page above, it says that it does not apply for SPA525G phones, but does anybody know what settings work?

If I use the same settings as the SPA504, I get a message that says "Can't contact LDAP Server" when I do a query. This happens even though the LDAP Authentication Method is MD5-Digest. If I try changing it to Simple, I get a message stating "Invalid Credentials". If I change it to None, I get "Operations Error".

Any ideas as to how to get the SPA525G phones to do an AD LDAP lookup?

Thanks.

2. paulg

Any ideas on this? SPA502G and SPA504G work just fine.
    Thanks.

3. elytronic

I know this is very old, but I am wondering if anybody found a way to do this on an SPA525

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.