Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA8800 Configuration as gateway with 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Emad, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emad

Hi,
    I am new to this blog and this is my first post. I just installed and configured the 3cx PBX free version with 3cx phone which is working perfectly fine. As I think 3cx is a good solution for our needs i am looking forward to install it at our small business office.

I am looking forward to setup a 3cx PBX system with SPA8800 as a gateway. I was wondering if anyone has such an experience and would be able to help me with this kind of configuration.

I am using SPA8800 because i read some good things about it when Google it. i.e improved voice quality and feature rich. SPA 8800 is new in the market and cost little bit less then Patton 4114. Well the cost saving are not that big, couple of dollars and doesn't make a big difference. What i am looking for is a robust and good quality connectivity.

Right now we have 5 PSTN lins (5 Voice + 1 Fax). Therefore going to install 2 SPA8800 as gateways.

PSTN Lines----->SPA8800---------> 3cx PBX---------> 12 VOIP SPA924 Extensions

If anyone thinks i should go with some other vendor gateway hardware, or has some quality and robust solution in mind, Please feel free to post it.

Thanks for your help!

2. digitalguy2k

I'm exploring something similar but on an even smaller scale. Have you made progress on your implimentation?

3. key2

Emad,
    where you able to configure the spa8800 with 3cx? was the implemetation successfull? any problems?

Thanks
    Ricardo

4. StaffKB

The SPA8800 is not a supported 3cx PSTN Device however to set this up you should take a look at the configuration guide of the Linksys SPA 3102 on http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

A supported and reliable Device is the Patton 4114.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ziggy

Any news or plans on adding SPA8800 to tested gateways?

6. spockeye

well so far as i have found, there is not a device with more than 1 or 2 or 4 in the case of the one device "patton" FXO ports that is supported with Guides provided and i dont find that acceptable, there is a legitamet market for small businesses that dont want to spend $250 per PSTN line to integrate such lines in a phone system. The SPA8800 is at this moment only a test for us. We would require 8 PSTN lines and there is only 3 or 4 devices with such and most of them are a PBX.

Its past time the SPA880 was supported, its going to out sell the Patton eventually

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.