SPA942 pickup button on 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by loowee, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loowee

Hello guys !

I am trying to setup the "pickup" button on my new 3CX / Spa942s system and it seems I cant get the *20* option to work with my spa942 phones. I changed the correct setting ( *20* ) on the regional settings on the phone but when I use shortcut, it does not pickup entered extension's calls.

I am suspecting the following :
    - When using the page option, we have to enter *96101 ( 101 being the extension ) in one straight command before hitting the dial button. On a SPA9000, you need to do *96 -> "beeptone"-> "dial" ->101 -> "dial".

- Since the pickup option is a shortcut, when you press the button, it sends *20* to the phone directly so there is no way to send a full sentence like when paging and since there is an actual shotcut on the phone for that, I would like to get it working :)

Finally, when we were using the SPA9000, the PAGING option was working when calling a SPA901 but altough it does work between all spa942s, the SPA901 we have in the warehouse does not seem to be able to receive Pagings on the 3CX system.

Im sure both these probs are a simple mater of configuration, anyone has any sugestion for us ?
    Thx in advance guys an long live 3CX, Cisco really owes you big for providing them a PBX system that actually works ! ;)

LoOwEe / Domobec

2. loowee

Anyone ? There has to be an easy way to adapt the spa942 buttons on the 3CX !!?

3. mhanson

mhanson New Member

You will have to alter the dial plan on the phone to allow that string.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. loowee

Cool, an answer !! Thanks for your time !

Could you be a little more descriptive ?

Right now my Dial Plan for phones are like this :

Dial Plan : [x*].

To what should I change this ??

Thanks alot for your time !

5. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Loowee

Ok, so basically the dial plan sets a template for what is considered a full dial string.

So, right now you have a VERY bare bones dial plan. Essentially now it allows you to dial a number and an asterisk. We can add to that, anything inside the brackets will be allowed, with each string separated by a pipe. So change your plan to this

[x*|*xx*]

This will allow the *20* dial code (and any other code starting and ending with * with 2 digits between in)

You can play around to add whatever you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. loowee

OK, we've managed to make it work out, but not with your Dial plan...

Your dial plan was preventing us to call anywhere in fact. We added each possible dialplan an user could use in fact.

Now, on the same installation our client is sure that he's been able to hear people through intercom of the Linksys SPA901 (while using *96104 (104 being extension of the phone, *96 which is using intercom))

Can anyone confirm this ? Cause I'm trying to make it works and guess what, no intercoms are working for me .

7. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Is the intercom function failing on just the linksys or on multiple phones, Also note that the intercom feature is a licenced feature.

8. loowee

1. Our software is licensed
    2. Our intercoms are all working... BUT from this phone, the Linksys SPA901 it's not working.
    But our client keep claiming that it has already worked ( the intercom )...

Is there really an intercom in it ?

9. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Loowe,

If do understand you correctly that dialing from the 901 is not working, because the 901 does not have a speaker or such a function. But it works perfectly when calling other phones.

10. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Im sorry, I meant for you to include that into the dial plan, not overwrite the whole plan with just that. That was my fault, as I was not clear.

Like Mark said, the 901 does not have a speaker to intercom with, and therefore cannot taking an inbound page or intercom.

11. loowee

Okay, new informations... I swear this is weird !

We've tried the setup with Spa9000 and the intercom was workin onSPA901 !!!

This is so strange !!

Anyway, if you ever find a way to make the intercom work, just tell me over here, I'd be more than happy to try it out :).

Thanks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.