SPA962 and DTMF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I make a call with an SPA962 (most likely going over an InPhonex SIP trunk) to various companies and their auto-attendant asks for various numbers (you know the drill, "for sales, press one" or "please enter your account number now").

I dial, I can hear the DTMF tones, but the other end ignores me. Occasionally, it works, but most of the time, nothing.

This is really frustrating because I then have to use my CELL phone to make the call. Sad when a phone system can't be used to make a call.

Anyone got any fixes?

2. interplanet

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I tried all the DTMF configurations and the problem with the spa962 is that sometimes the dtmf pass and sometimes no (I use AVT rfc2833).
    I made 3 captures with wireshark, 2 with spa962 and 1 with grandstream gxp2000 (where rfc2833 works correctly).
    The only difference I can see is that in rfc2833 packet of the grandstream the volume is set to 16 and in the spa962 is set to 0.

I tried also to set the DTMF in INBAND, but sometimes the dtmf pass and sometimes no.

3. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Maybe you should consider a commercial version with tech support. Then you will get assistance in setting up 3Cx and this will save you time getting all up and running.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not against a paid version. I'm actually also signed up with Deerfield as a reseller (I'm a computer consultant) which means I probably could get support (and an NFR) from them. I'm trying to get my own, in-house system working properly and getting to know it before I can realistically go out and try to get systems working for clients. And I don't really want to bug the support people if other users can answer the questions. What I AM against is spending a bunch of money on a product and then finding out that it simply isn't going to do what it needs to do. I'm not saying that 3CX won't do what it should... I'm just saying that until I know that it really CAN work properly, I'm not thrilled with spending hundreds of dollars trying to make it work.

Sadly, 3CX is having a training session in London on September 15th... and purely coincidentally, I'm going to be in Europe around that time on vacation but not on that date. I'm actually going to be in London on the 11th and leaving the 13th. If only I could stay another couple of days... and write off the trip as a business expense (and have a good opportunity to pick the brains of the 3CX engineers).

(The sad thing being not that 3CX is having a training session but that I'm going to be there so CLOSE but yet so far... and as the saying goes, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah... and I also posted here because I'm not sure whether the DTMF issue is related to 3CX, the Linksys phones, or the SIP trunk provider. I wouldn't expect 3CX support to help if the problem is with a phone or a line provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.