• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Spam Phone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary2seven

Reaction score
We have been hit by some sort of spam phone scam.

We receive 100's of calls to our voicemail with a computer voice saying "press 1 ....." etc.
The source is Antiqua and although it's annoying I can not see that it is costing us anything.

HOWEVER I can also see from the phone logs that an number of outgoing call ARE being generated to the same Antigua numbers. The "source" shows 1005 which is the trunk number of our GSM Gateway and records the calls going out of an ISDN2 trunk.

How can an incoming call directly route back out? and how can I block that?

Gary.

i would setup that number in the incoming blacklist so they don't even get your ivr or voicemail. also, setup a outgoing rule to block that number. if you are using version 11 you can even restrict all calls to that country.

gary2seven said:
HOWEVER I can also see from the phone logs that an number of outgoing call ARE being generated to the same Antigua numbers. The "source" shows 1005 which is the trunk number of our GSM Gateway and records the calls going out of an ISDN2 trunk.

That is a bit concerning and should be investigated (besides implementing the above suggestions). See if the 3Cx logs are of any help as to how those calls are going out. There are a number of dial-in, then dial-out scams that have been going on for a long time. I wasn't aware that 3CX was vulnerable to the common ones.

We still can't go back and edit a post...so have to add this in another post...

How do you have your GSM trunk group set up, for incoming, what does it route to? It is not that easy for a 3CX user, that knows what they are doing, to dial in and back out again, using their Voicemail menu option, since there is no DISA trunk option. I'm not sure how an outside person, taking a guess at your set-up, would make that work. They may be directed into your IVR, that has a security "weak spot", perhaps some sort of outside call forwarding option that they are taking advantage of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.