SPANISH 3CX SUB-FORUM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by josvic, Aug 17, 2007.

1. josvic

Are any possibility to have a 3CX sub-forum in Spanish language. They where interesant and I offer to moderate it.

I'm sure that many Spanish people use the 3CX system and look difficult to resolve many issues that can easily resolve.

2. VictorN

Hi

Will be a nice idea, most of Latin America countries speak Spanish (only Brazil speaks Portuguese). In this way 3Cx will have a better support due to a better understanding of the language.

Victor

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1311&highlight=language

Not sure if it is the best idea to have multiple language forums, but that is just my personal opinion.

4. VictorN

Hi Henk,

There is population between 322 and 400 million people [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language] who speaks Spanish. If we want that 3CX product’s grows to in order have a better software one of the path is to give more people the opportunity to try and to use with a better support, like this forum is providing.

Regards

Victor

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Settle Tiger, back up the truck.
    :lol:

Of those 322 and 400 million people:
    - how many speak a second language?
    - of those who can afford an IP phone how many will be able to afford an IP installation (ATA, Switch, Computer etc)?
    - of those who have (grid) access to, electricity, internet (latency less than 200ms) or even stable phone service?
    - how many statistically will use the Forum?

For sure there are a lot of Spanish speaking people, for that matter there might be a reason for a Spanish forum. But perhaps if you are adding up the statistics for 3CX Users (and therefore most likely forum users)

It will not be this forum, it will be another forum as such. So for example my comments will not be on that forum as it is a different forum, it is a spanish forum.

So how do you see that work? Should we answer questions on this forum and than check the spanish forum to answer the same questions there but than in another language?

English is (I believe) the accepted international language so why not stick to that?

These numbers you quote have no bearing on the topic other than there are many people who speak Spanish (so do I, apart from Dutch, German, English, Friesian and UML) but I am not going to post on 4 different forums, or should I? .

6. VictorN

Hi Henk,

I agree with most we are talking:

However, I think that the most important function for a Forum (like in the old Rome) is a place that everyone can learning (like myself) and teach (like yourself) and open and improve the knowledge about a common subject, in our case, 3CX software.

I do strongly believe that if broad the message everyone will improve, providing one and all with the “Global Village”.

Important to say my mother language is Portuguese, not Spanish - which I’m learning ( I do speaks French)

Best Regards from Rio

Victor

7. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Boys, Boys, Behave!

There are good reasons for and against, as you both have clearly demonstrated. Now agree to disagree and shake hands :)

First and foremost this is a business. If sales in the Spanish speaking world increase appreciably, with a corresponding increase in posts to this forum, the need for a Spanish language Forum will become very evident, especially if some posts (and answers) are in Spanish - will kinda hammer the point home.

For now, English is it, and so far managing OK with the present Customer base.

Just my humble opinion though .........
    :lol:

8. josvic

First of all... thanks for all the opinions here posted.

Second, but I mean in the post is not create a NEW FORUM in Spanish language, only to let the Spanish language people to post in Spanish and give her a solution in Spanish (only people that Spanish speak). That is, creating a SUB-FORUM that only Spanish language is.

Is not necesary to duplicate all the answers that in English are, only to respond in they own lenguage the question of Spanish people.

I offer my time to dedicate to initialice this sub-forum in Spanish language.

Thanks all.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1311&highlight=language

Just post the question and topic in spanish, like suggested in the post above.

That will work, hey I might be able to brush up my spanish that would be good. :).

Ok but no hugging :lol:

Did not think we were fighting, just a good argument for "for and against" in my opinion.

10. VictorN

Hi, Everyone.

In my modest opinion we are not arguing we are exposing some point of view :

As Henk placed:

Regards

Victor

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Spanish forums are on the way

Hi,

We are planning Spanish forums (as well as German, Italian and French) and would welcome anyone who wishes to help moderate those forums.

Watch out for an announcement over the coming week.... :)