speak/talk pause recognition

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by landfiets, Jul 19, 2007.

1. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Hi there

Sometimes in a conversation the other party or me just misses a milisecond of what the other said. It is when the other party or me just had a small silence. I know from my Fritzbox AVM that you can switch this data-saving option off and on.

Can you switch this certain function on or off in the 3CX phonesystem?
    It is a little irritating to ask all the time to the other party what he just said. And what is the official name for this function.

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes in some phone it is a option too . in avm the call it "comfort noise generation"

this noise need very less data but it is always send to the other side so to get the best effect both sides need this feature.

if 3cx do this jop as man in the middel via the media server (no other chance there) no one of the callers else need this feature any onger - but to use this then you have always to phone in use of the media server and the media server is sometimes the poit of delays that are also not very good.

as a fast workaround you can use some backround noise.

in summer i prefer the cooling system and in winter you can use a radio or around xmas some xmas soundtracks in a endless loop :))

<< joking but realy it depends on your normal background noise and if you where here in my computer room you woud ask avm for comfort silence option ;-)

but whatever perhaps 3cx can put in a comfort noise option (hope there is no pat. pending)

Comfort Noise Generation
    Abk

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Andy is correct

I just like to add it can also be called Voice Active Detection (VAD) it can cause dead spots (that how it is called I think).

The Comfort Noise Generation (CNG) does not play well with the G711 codec, so I would recommend to turn it of for a start. (I would recommend this to all users).

But have a go let us know how you go.