Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Speakerphone button

Discussion in 'Windows' started by francks, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francks

I'm not sure why none of the softphones provide the ability to switch from headset to speaker at the touch of a button. All real phones have that functionality and it's extremely useful. Would you be able to add a button that would allow the user to toggle between 2 sound configs?

Thanks.

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You want to be able to switch between using your speakers, and your speakers? o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. francks

No :p I want to be able to switch between my USB headset and my speakers! And ideally the config would be persistent. For example if I have a config for my Bluetooth headset and another one for my speakers, the config should be disabled if the headset is not present but should re-enable itself once the connection is back on. This is something that Skype does quite well.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

There is no such functionality at this time, please post a feature request. The only way you can do it is to play with it manually from the windows settings. Im not sure if there is a free program that would allow to switch with keypresses, might be an option you can look into.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. francks

I doubt I could find such a program unless you provide a keyboard interface for changing audio sources which I suspect you don't have (correct me if I'm wrong). How do request a new feature then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.