speakerphone on parked calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brightside, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brightside

I have received complaints from users of a call retrieved from a parked location defaulting to speakerphone. I have tried every park, hold, transfer combination i can think of and have so far been unable to replicate the problem but have received this complaint four times from two different users and figured I would throw it out there and see if someone else has experienced the same type of problem.
    running V10 and using cisco spa509's. the users claim that when the call is retrieved from park the phone defaults to speakerphone but the speakerphone button is not lite up. If they then press the speakerphone button the call is disconnected.
    Very difficult to troubleshoot a problem that you can't replicate and I know it isn't much information but has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Offhand it sounds like a set issue. Firmware? User error?

Unless it can be duplicated it is very difficult to be able to test if a different firmware (older or newer), or anything else, will correct it. If it is a known issue with the set then there should be something about it elsewhere on the web (Cisco's site?). Is it just one set, a few, or all of them?

3. brightside

I was in the office yesterday and witnessed the problem! What is happening is that on a cisco 509G(firmware 7.4.6), if you pick up the handset and press an active line or park button at EXACTLY the same time the phone will send audio to the speaker phone. if you then press the speakerphone button in order to use the handset it will disconnect the call. The solution is simply to allow the phone a millisecond or so to recognize the handset being picked up before selecting the line or to select the line a millisecond before picking up the handset. problem only occurs if both are done at EXACTLY the same time. Would be interested to know if anyone else can duplicate the issue on other cisco phones. Easy enough to train the staff around this but it is an interesting quirk.

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

interesting. Although I see this a lot when two things happen at the same time. But you are right, an easy training session to pickup the handset first then the parked call should be simple enough.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.