Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

speakers on softphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by foulad, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foulad

Good day,
    we are testing softphone for all our users , we brought headsets for each user , but when someone call and the user to putting the headset he/she wont be able to hear the ring , is there is way to connect to each workstation speakers only for ringing ?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

what about the pop-up notification that the phone is ringing... is this not sufficient?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. infonetics

I believe you can specify an audio device for ringing? I use softphone with headset as my primary phone, so I set mic and speaker as my headset, and my PC speakers for ringing.

4. foulad

how did you do it ?

5. infonetics

Settings, audio options. There are 3 fields - microphone, speaker, and ringing. I set microphone and speaker to use my jabra headset, and ringing to use default windows audio device (my laptop speakers, in my case).

6. foulad

you mean softphone setting ? im suing the below one

http://www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/

7. infonetics

Yes, just follow the "settings" or "preferences" link (depending on your version), and it'll be right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.