Specific call routing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by steszb, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steszb

Hello,

I am trying to set up an office who needs all calls to the main number to go to an outside number from 4-5pm and then to an automated recording (not necessarily a digital receptionist, as no input will be possible) after 5 until the office opens up again.

I am still a bit new to this so I'm sure this is a very simple task but I can't seem to figure it out. I have the main SIP trunk and global office hours set from 8:00-16:00 where after hours, it goes to the external number but I'm stuck on the next part, having it forward to the recording (which I currently just set up as a digital receptionist) after 5pm.

I understand I can make use of a dummy extension that would forward to the digital receptionist outside of certain hours, but I'm unsure how to implement it without it interfering with the 4-5 forwarding that is set up on the main trunk.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can create a dummy extension, forward calls to it from trunk, in extension settings you can forward all calls to certain destination (queue, rring group, etc.) for the main period of the day, as forward if this dummy extension is busy or not registered, activate 'accept multiple calls' also. For specific periods of the day you may create in extension settings exception rule for all incoming call (i.e. you put * as caller-id) and forward them to other queue, ring group, digital receptionist or terminate them. You can have several such rules (up to 15).
    This way you can handle the whole day, not necessary to use office-hours or out-of-office-hours for the trunk / DID number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.