• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Specify/Change CallerID when using API to initiate a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

csappington

Reaction score
Hello,

Our in-house-developed CRM needs to be able to initiate calls on behalf of the user via the 3CX phone system. Normally, the HTTP API seems like it would get the job done, but we have the added requirement of needing to specify the Caller ID that 3CX reports to the carrier on each call.

One of our clients is a call center that handles several clients, each with their own customer service phone number. When we call out from our CRM, we need some way of reporting the correct client's phone number to their customer.

We're developers with plenty of C#/.NET experience, but are fairly new to 3CX. None of the APIs I've seen seem to allow for this. I'd even be satisfied with some way of specifying the CID for the extension through some sort of manager/admin API (which I can't seem to find), then initiating the call, then finally setting it back to what it was before the call.

We're willing to write our own plugins, etc. if the need arises. Any help/point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Specify/Change CallerID when using API to initiate a cal

Hi there,
Have a look at the Call Control API documented on http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/
In particular the Extension.OutboundCallerID Property from the chm documentation.

Re: Specify/Change CallerID when using API to initiate a cal

Oh, beautiful! This is easily the most robust phone API I've ever seen!

I've used it to implement my own HTTP API in ASP.NET, and it's working wonderfully!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.