Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Specifying a different 3CX interface IP for Provisioning?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kris2k, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris2k

Hi all,

I'm using SIProxd on my inter-site firewalls to essentially transparently-proxy SIP+RTP beyond the NAT boundaries. So far, its proving to be an excellent method into solving NAT issues with SIP, however, while I was configuring my Polycom extension to connect to 3CX, I hit somewhat of a minor problem.

When we configure an extension, and define the Mac address + Provisioning Template associated, and we define the Interface to 3CX in order to be reached. This drop-down only lists the internal physical IP addresses of 3CX, none that would be provided by an external network device. Is there a way to specify alternate IPs to be made by this drop-down?

My alternative plan would be to clone the template, and hardcode the external IP there, however, where's the fun in that? :)

Cheers
    Kris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.