• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

speedtouch 716WL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimo5

Reaction score
Could someone help me please on how to setup speedtouch 716wl with 3cx to send and receive outside calls using PSTN only (we don't have VOIP providers in my country, "Saudi Arabia"). All I want to do is to setup a pbx at home using my existing PSTN line, but be ready to use VOIP once it is opened up. I want to be able send and receive outside calls using softphones such as x-lite from different computer in the network, or IP hard phone such as SNOM 320.

I have managed to register the PSTN line on 3cx and the light went green. I can call internal internal ext's, however no external calls. Also there was no activities on the "service status" when I tried to call my PSTN line number.

thanks a lot.

Kino5,

I am affriad this is not going to work. As far as I know, the ST716WL is a FXO device only, eg. I works like a client device that hosts analogue phone.

It is not a FXS device (that can be connected the public phone net).

For you to get this working you would need something like a GrandStream 485. This can be configured in conjunction with the 3CX software to provide a dial-out/dial-in solution.

So in short, the WL716 can only be used to "receive calls" and place internal calls....

Niels

Many thanks for your reply.

The device has one FXO and two FXS ports. When I connect a normal analouge phone to the FXS port, it works normally and I could send and recieve calls throught it.

I thought I could be smart to make it work woth 3cx, but it seems I am not smart enough :).

Hi,

I did a quick search and there does seem to be some VoIP providers in Saudi:

http://www.voipproviderslist.com/country/voip-saudi-arabia/voip-providers-saudi-arabia/

On the other hand I am sorry that I cannot offer insite into the gateway you are speaking about, as it is an untested device. I do not have any information at hand about this device either. Judging by your description it sounds like it can be used as a gateway. Please read the Gateways section in our manual and see how other devices are configured. This may help you understand your device.

Also a quick note to npiersma: I may have misunderstood you but it seems as if you might have written the two acronyms incorrectly. An FXO device is a PSTN gateway (client to the PSTN) a device that hooks up analogue telephones is an FXS device. I tend to use the S (station) in FXS as a mnemonic and think that the S means 'Supply' meaning it provides the voltage for an analogue phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.