• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Spliting a 4 port gateway in 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamatb

Reaction score
Hello

I have a patton 4 port gateway and I need to be able to route various extentions on spacific ports / lines for outgoing calls. Support have told me there is a way to do this by adding the gateway 4 times with different ports but were unable to tell me how to do this as it is unsupported. I understand resellers in itally have done this OK in the past.

Can any supply me with a step by step guid of how to do this please.

Thanks

I have not set up a patton so far but a Grandstream GXW4104.

The 4104 uses 99 plus the line number (1-4) as the access code for each of its lines. You set up 4 outbound rules where you prepend 991 through 994.

There is a second option where you create 4 PSTN gateways in 3CX each with the IP of the gateway plus the individuall port number assigned for each line in the 4104 gateway.

Maybe this works for the patton as well...

Yes, Grandstrsteam is much easier for this kind of configuration, I like it !!

For Patton, it really able to map the extension vs PSTN one to one, however, it requires some scripts to do it.
We had such issue before, it is so painful to make it works and completed.

I have made this way with a Patton SN4114 4 port pstn device.
1) In 3cx phone system create a new pstn device model Patton SN4114 name it "PATTON". In configuration let the default number of ports 4 and set the other correct data for your device (IP ecc...). When configuration finished upload to Patton device the configuration made by 3CX. This device was only made to have a configuration file to upload to Patton device. Now you have to delete this PSTN device.

2) Create a new pstn device model Patton SN4114 name it "PATTON1". In configuration modify the number of ports to 1 and set the other correct data for your device (IP ecc...)

3) Create a new pstn device model Patton SN4114 name it "PATTON2". In configuration modify the number of ports to 1 and set the other correct data for your device (IP ecc...)

4) Create a new pstn device model Patton SN4114 name it "PATTON3". In configuration modify the number of ports to 1 and set the other correct data for your device (IP ecc...)

5) Create a new pstn device model Patton SN4114 name it "PATTON4". In configuration modify the number of ports to 1 and set the other correct data for your device (IP ecc...)

Ports of device PATTON1, PATTON2, PATTON3 and PATTON4 have to be the same as ports of the device PATTON.
Now you have 4 PSTN device and will be able to make outbound and inbound rules.

Can anyone help ?

I have set up the Patton as Yakko has suggested and when dialling out it works OK - but incoming calls are not working to the 3cx extensions. I have checked the logs and its says the extensions are busy

A couple of quick questions for you:

Did you have 3CX generate the Patton config file first? (ie: set it up with the default 4 ports so that you could generate the config file, then delete the trunks and recreate them one at a time as per the above)

Are you using DID's? If so, have you also set them up on each trunk?

Hi Guys I am trying the same configuration but my question is how do you change the number of ports, in the 3cx the port selection is grayed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.