Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Squelch noise every 59 seconds during call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mvansickler, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvansickler

I am using 3cx with a Audiocodes MP-202 analog adapter. Calls send and receive fine, and the voice quality is fine for most of the call. But exactly every 59 seconds during a call there is a short, loud squeal, like a radio squelch noise, that I hear on my side. The person on the other end of the call just hears a click.

Is this likely to be caused by the 3cx setup, MP-202 adapter, or my VOIP provider? I really don't know where to start troubleshooting. I've tried changing codecs between the MP-202 and the 3cx but that didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or assistance.

2. mvansickler

Funny how I seem to always find the solution to a self-created problem right after I post something in public. :) Turns out this was caused by the idiot admin (me) since I set the MP-202 to re-register every 60 seconds when I was troubleshooting something else. Changing the registration expiry to a more sensible value and changing the protocol from UDP to TCP fixed the issue, everything is working great now.

3. thenua

Always good to get a problem and a solution documented in one thread ! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.