Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SS7/SIP-I to 3CX setup

Discussion in 'Windows' started by zhangjx99, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhangjx99

Hi There,
    is there anyone configured the PSTN link by using SIP-I? We are going to setup 3CX system for our new factory in China. Local Telecom provide SS7/SIP-I singalling only. Since SS7 gateway is too expensive for one-time purchase and recurring maintenance cost as well, we are considering to use SIP-I.
    do we need setup a gateway in-between, or just link with RJ45 from SIP-I end to 3CX network port? how would be the setup steps? appreciate for your detailed advice.

Thank you in advance.
    JX

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Hmmm..have not yet seen an end user (other than a telco/provider of some sort) using an SS7 gateway. I would think that using an SS7 gateway would require being assigned a Point Code, and would besomething of an overkill for an end user.

3CX generally connects using trunking in one of several ways. A VoIP connection to a provider using SIP, to PSTN phone lines using a PSTN Gateway, ISDN lines, or PRI trunks using a compatible ISDN gateway, or even via GSM using a GSM gateway.

Gateways connect to 3CX through the local network using an Ethernet cable, then out though a high speed DSL, Cable, or fibre connection to your ISP.

Here is a link to the 3CX supported gateways.

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Other gateways may work just fine with 3CX but you could run into configuration issues that would not have 3CX support in resolving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.