SS7/SIP-I to 3CX setup

Discussion in 'Windows' started by zhangjx99, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhangjx99

Hi There,
    is there anyone configured the PSTN link by using SIP-I? We are going to setup 3CX system for our new factory in China. Local Telecom provide SS7/SIP-I singalling only. Since SS7 gateway is too expensive for one-time purchase and recurring maintenance cost as well, we are considering to use SIP-I.
    do we need setup a gateway in-between, or just link with RJ45 from SIP-I end to 3CX network port? how would be the setup steps? appreciate for your detailed advice.

Thank you in advance.
    JX

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Hmmm..have not yet seen an end user (other than a telco/provider of some sort) using an SS7 gateway. I would think that using an SS7 gateway would require being assigned a Point Code, and would besomething of an overkill for an end user.

3CX generally connects using trunking in one of several ways. A VoIP connection to a provider using SIP, to PSTN phone lines using a PSTN Gateway, ISDN lines, or PRI trunks using a compatible ISDN gateway, or even via GSM using a GSM gateway.

Gateways connect to 3CX through the local network using an Ethernet cable, then out though a high speed DSL, Cable, or fibre connection to your ISP.

Here is a link to the 3CX supported gateways.

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Other gateways may work just fine with 3CX but you could run into configuration issues that would not have 3CX support in resolving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.