• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SSL Certificate Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew9213

Free User
Reaction score
I have been getting SSL certificate errors with one of my 3CX installations that I cannot seem to get resolved. I'm getting emails telling me that the "Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate Renewed FAIL". Also when I go to the management console I'm getting security warnings.

Attachments

• Security Error.PNG
    Security Error.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 15
Good day,

Does your 3CX management console come off a 3CX-owned domain? E.g. 3cx.co.uk, or is it on your own domain?

Kind regards,
Edan Brooke

Its a 3cx.us domain.

Its a 3cx.us domain.
Looks like 3CX is having a few problems in terms of Let's Encrypt renewals from what I've seen in recent threads.
How long have you been receiving these e-mails for? Wondering if it's worth waiting it out or whether it's time to contact 3CX support directly.

Looks like 3CX is having a few problems in terms of Let's Encrypt renewals from what I've seen in recent threads.
How long have you been receiving these e-mails for? Wondering if it's worth waiting it out or whether it's time to contact 3CX support directly.
We've been receiving this error for several months now.

Maintenance agreement is active. I just submitted a support ticket with 3CX, will update with a solution when I have one from them.

Reactions: EdanBrooke
Maintenance agreement is active. I just submitted a support ticket with 3CX, will update with a solution when I have one from them.
I'm sure they will be able to help :)

Hi - Are you sure it is several months?
Very important because now (Recently) the 3cx.us domain got exhausted so you will find complaints from users who want a US TLD but cannot get one.

However it seems like you have a different problem.

Best send the PBXConfig log. What 3CX you have? Windows or linux? There is a file I need to get my hands on so we can see why the renewal is failing for so long.

EdanBrooke - thanks for trying to help. And the maintenance is a good tip because when that expires, bye bye domain. But if that expires, then we simply get the whole domain and release it again. The pbx (With exp maintenance) will not even bother (for months) to try and renew the cert.

We are still in time because we start the renewing process 3 months before the cert expires. So maybe it is not yet expired.

I will need the fqdn for this install, license and then log file. Send me a pm with the details and I will check.

Act fast because we are preparing for a release and extremely overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.