• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SSL Certificate for internal address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash99

Reaction score
Is it possible to keep the default (3CX provided) SSL certificate for external/public address, but to install a different one for internal access address ?

Probably not, I use my own purchased certificate for external and internal address, configuring the internal DNS to resolve the FQDN to internal address of the server.

Last edited:
Certificate issuing for any internal domain (like contoso.local) was deprecated to be allowed to be issued by trusted certification authorities , like geoTrust etc.. Therefore you can only use self signed certs but as we know they dont work, as no endpoint knows them to be trusted or bring trust in terms of validity as every one can make the same name (check my write up on this: https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ssl-crt-csr/).

Moving frwd, IPv6 is right the solution which will solve the issue as your PBX internal IPv6 address is equal to your public address and then one cert works (which was formally known as Split DNS setup.) again with all valid trust you need .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.