• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

STA3102 Gateway Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

petewatterschats

Reaction score
Under PTSN Gateways I add the STA3102 as a Generic at the end of the process I was given the following information page
VOIP Gateway Created
Ports 90001 to 9001 have been created for SPA3102-882-3686

I access the VOIP Gateway web portal at
HTTP://172.16.85.1

Proxy server/sip server/register: 172.16.145.1:5060 (3CX Server)

SIP User ID:90001
Authentication ID:90001
Authentication Password: xxxxxxx

I access the STA3102

There is a ROUTE tab and a VOICE tab

No settings in the Route tab seem to have any relationship to the provided information so I am assuming the entries I need to make are under the Voice Tab which has the following Tabs

The tabs under voice are Info, System, SIP, Provisioning, Regional, Line 1, PSTN, User 1 and PSTN User

Info, System and Regional - assume there is nothing to do here

SIP and Provisioning Do not seem to have any connection to the information sheet

User 1 and PSTN User do not seem to be relevant

Line 1 and PSTN Line seem to be the best candidates but where.

Any advice or direction to documentation on how and where to put the information would be appreciated.

I have attached screen shots of the TABS
Line 1 - Could there be some entries here
PTSN - looks like there should be something here, but where

Attachments

• SPA3102 3CX Provisioning.pdf
    571.2 KB · Views: 48
Did you assign the 3102 a static IP? (I explained all of this a while ago.)
Are you able to access (change settings) from the Internet socket (blue)?
Have you already set up the FXS port (Phone) as an extension? If so, is that working?

The spa3102 has a static address and I am able to access it and all the voice and Router Tabs

admin - advanced I just do not know where to put the information to Provision the STA3102

I will go over all of the settings when I get some time this afternoon.

OK, to start I'm assuming that , other than some network settings, you haven't changed anything in the PSTN Line or PSTN User tabs.

The device has a static IP, and you are changing settings under Admin/Advanced.
Under Router/Wan Setup, you have Enable WAN Web Server set to YES
You are only using the BLUE , Internet RJ45 to connect to your network.

In 3CX, under the trunk you created, (General Tab) you have the IP address of the 3102, and a port other than 5060 set. You can use 5061, or 5062, but NOT 5060.

Go and change anything that is not as above.

This is based on firmware 5.2.13, which I believe was the last load available for the 3102. If you have earlier firmware, I suggest you download and install the latest.

These settings are assumed to be under the Voice Tab

Under SIP, change RTP Packet Size to 0.020 Submit all changes at the bottom (you will do this before moving to another tab)

Under PSTN tab
Line Enable = yes
SIP Port and External SIP port both default to 5061 (this is the port that should be set in the 3CX trunk settings, they have to match)
Proxy is the IP of the 3CX server PC
Display Name can be anything you want, it will show on caller ID if there is no caller ID sent
User ID is your trunk number 90001
Auth ID is the same
Use Auth ID= yes
Password = the password you got when you configured the trunk in 3CX
Use OB Proxy in dialog = no
Make call without Reg = no
Register = yes

Under Dial plans/ Dial plan 8 put in (S0<:90001>) with the brackets, and that is a zero after the S

VoIP to PSTN gateway = yes
One stage dialling = yes

under PSTN to VoIP gateway setup
Enable = yes
PSTN ring thru line 1= no
PSTN CID for VoIP caller ID = yes
PSTN caller Default DP = 8 (this refers to the dial plan you put in earlier and simply "forwards incoming calls to 90001 in the PBX)

Under FXO timer values
PSTN Answer delay = 3

Under PSTN Disconnect Detection
Detect CPC = yes (this is assuming that your provider supplies this)
Detect Disconnect tone = yes

Submit all changes

I think that those are all of the basic options, it's been a while since I provisioned a 3102. There are other options that may need to be changed depending on how you want the 3102 to work, possible regional settings, along with provisioning an NTP server so that time and date is correct on caller ID to a set plugged into the Phone socket.

Try placing some calls, (you have to have outbound rules set to point to the gateway.)
Try an incoming call.
If you have issues, describe them and pot a log of the call.

The Info tab will show you the registration status, and under PSTN Line status, tell you all about the last call made and received.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.