stand by

Discussion in 'Android' started by Italmatic, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italmatic

Hi,

I have this problem; when phone (samsung mini ) is in standby after some minutes is not more registered, so doesn't work.
    If i touch th screen it becomes immediately registered.

Can you help me? Thanks.

Roby

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be, that when in standby (I assume that means when the screen goes blank if left alone for a short while?), that Wifi is set to shut down to save the battery. You don't say if you are using Wifi or 3G.

3. Italmatic

I made in a way that wireless is always "on"; I think is a problem of 3cx soft android; because when i touch the screen after stand by
    wireless is ok and also from the access point I can see the phone.

Thanks.

Roby

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not using the same model phone, so it could be a problem related to that particular handset, but...on some hotspots, I have seen that registration has been lost, when I wake up the handset. This does not happen every time, and is not consistent with the hotspot.
    There is a particular restaurant that I frequent, and many times, for the duration of a breakfast, my phone will remain connected, no problem. However, on occasion, it has lost registration after 10 minutes or so. The same sort of thing has happened, from time to time, at other locations. There is no consistency.

5. Nano_Magnus

I'm using Samsung Mini too, and I had the same problem, it looks like the softphone can't send keep me alive signal when the phone is in stand by.

6. Mike_C

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Alcatel V860 (Vodafone Smart 2). The phone, when in stand-by mode is unable to maintain the connection alive with the access point so the softphone gets disconnected.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.