Standard or Virtual

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Melvin_XIII, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I am relatively new to 3CX. I have installed a standard installation for test purposes before but haven't done much more with it than that.
    I am installing 3CX for the first time on a Virtual System. We have a Server running Hyper-V Standalone. I have set up a VM following these instructions: http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-microsoft-hyper-v/
    After doing more research what the next steps are I have become quite confused. I am not sure whether to conduct a standard installation or a Virtual PBX installation.
    The server is on the local LAN which is protected from the Internet by a pfSense Firewall (So I need NAT). So far I have set Port forwarding rules for ports 5060, 5061, 5090 and 9000-9500.

Thanks in advance for any help. It is much appreciated.

2. dmayer

Set it up as a standard PBX, Virtual PBX is the multi tenant version for hosting up to 25 instances of 3CX on the same server. if this is just a single on premise server, standard is all you need.

You'll need firewall rules for TCP 5000 and 5001 if that is what you set the ports to, on V14 that is the standard for using Abyss server, 80 and 443 TCP if are you using IIS on Windows Server. V15 only uses NGNIX which defaults to 5000 and 5001.

3. Melvin_XIII

Hi, Thank you for your reply,
    I installed 3cx 15 and was never asked whether to install standard or virtual. It is all working ok at the moment. Ill see if I run into any problems.
    Thanks again

4. dmayer

V15 does not have multitenet so that is why you did not see it. Seems like the Linux version is going to be the one that will be used for this with the VM capability of Debian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.