Start 3cx Softphone windows/mac minimised

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jeroendebruijn, Jan 16, 2017.

Start 3cx Softphone windows/mac minimised 4.9 5 17votes
4.9/5, 17 votes

1. jeroendebruijn

Add the option to start the 3CX phone:
    • Completely minimized, just the tray icon until the extension rings
    • Normal (like it does on default)
    • switchboard only?
    • Or both
      Or with a specific account
    I would vision a simple parameter to add in a shortcut. e.g.

• 3CXWin8Phone.exe
      without parameter, behaving just as it does now
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /Minimize
      minimize all windows
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /user (/maximise)
      Show User view at start up (/maximise to have this window maximized at startup)
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /meceptionist (/maximise)
      Show Receptionistview at start up (/maximise to have this window maximized at startup)
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /manager
      Show Managerview at start up (/maximise to have this window maximized at startup)
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /qmanager (/maximise)
      Show Q-managerview at start up (/maximise to have this window maximized at startup)
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /dashboard (/maximise)
      Show dashbaord at start up (/maximise to have this window maximized at startup)
    • 3CXWin8Phone.exe /account:" <account name>"
      Start the app with a specific account name
      (I have multiple accounts for multiple clients, so i can troubleshoot more easy)

I must not be the only one receiving about a dozen requests for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Harley McKenzie

Also really wanting this feature!

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

- How many times per day you start your Windows/MAC client? Personally - usually once per week.
    - How big is the effort to click the minimize button or to choose the view mode? Personally - i see max three clicks (which are performed only at startup)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Harley McKenzie

Hi Vali,

The Windows client is used daily for work purposes. The option of being able to start the client up in dashboard mode using a switch parameter would also be a handy feature for us as we're a managed services provider and have our stats displayed on a dedicated TV.

5. Bart Vries

Hi Val,

We are really looking for the 3CXWin8Phone.exe /Minimize option or have an option in the application to automatically start the 3cx windows client as a tray icon at windows startup.

We have rolled out 3cx as a softphone application company wide. So 30 users are booting their pc/laptop every day and have to minimize the application every day. So that is about 6000 clicks per year and a lot of frustration.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Bart Vries

mpistora likes this.
  6. jeroendebruijn

Well to put it simply: it is not about me, it is about the customers. They request a feature because that is how they envision the system should work.

mpistora likes this.